Accutane & MS - Connection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accutane & MS - Connection?

This is something I have been pondering since I have been diagnosed last month. While I was on Accutane (Roaccutane here in the UK) for several months last year, I started experiencing leg numbness for over a week on my right leg in August 2010. It was then that I stopped the medication. During the leg numbness, I went to three different doctors (all of whom were baffled and did not know what was wrong). The third one finally referred me to a neurologist and when I went to see him three months down the line, he almost dismissed me by saying that it was just a trapped nerve on my waist line and he contributed it to the weight I had gained while on the birth control pill (you had to be on the pill while on Accutane). Anyway, to make a long story short, I was walking out of his office when I told him about my right foot tending to drag and he then said if I wanted, for peace of mind he would get me an MRI which he did and the rest is history. To be honest, although the Accutane did help as I was in such a desperate state with my hidradenitis and after trying all sorts of antibiotics and nothing helping, it was a sort of last chance with the Accutane. In hindsight now, if I had even the faintest suspicion it might lead to MS, I would not have taken it. Today, I decided to look in the net to see if there was any information and I did find a new article that I had never seen before. I found it very interesting and was wondering if any of you have had the same experience?

http://ms.about.com/b/2011/03/29/acc...-sclerosis.htm
Working...
X