ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > MS Fitness

Old 02-08-2018, 08:06 PM

Bravo Larry I canít see myself ride with so much wind! I ride in the forest and I can ear the wind in the trees top but donít feel it.
It is like spring those last couple weeks and I have done 2 good rides this week. Those are my regular 12 miles with 1200 feet gain. Tomorrow is my first full dose of Ocrevus so I excited to see if I improve little more. Alain
Old 02-16-2018, 12:39 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

We finally got our first decent rain of the year along with mountain snows. A bit too late for our local ski hill. The 12" isn't near enough to open the whole mountain, which means closing for the season is in the cards. Biking has been great, though.

Got in 10 miles the other day but I needed help and patience. Before I left, my right rear was flat, but slime usually plugs that leak. Oops. After filling the tire (usually Laura's job) I forgot to spin the wheel. Needless to say, I flatted midway on my ride at the very moment all bike commuters were nowhere to be seen. Recreational cyclists tried to come to the rescue, but they didn't know how to work their bike pumps. Eventually I got it inflated and made it home before sunset.

Hope to go for a ride today! We'll see if the tire holds up. Might have to replace it....
Old 02-17-2018, 03:07 PM
MS Yoda

The weather hasn't been conducive to riding lately, cold and windy with a scattering of snow every three or four days. I did get one pretty good ride in, 50 miles that included a few short hills but mostly flat trail.

I am keeping up with the weight work twice a week, yoga twice a week and an occasional walk or elliptical session, other than that though, not a lot going on here. Really need some better weather.

I occasionally attend a "Men with MS" group meeting, went to one about a week ago. I've watched one of the guys there, diagnosed 6 or 8 years ago, decline rapidly from an aggressive case of MS. He started Rituxan sometime last year and his disability has already diminished from nearly wheel chair bound to walking with a cane, the most impressive recovery I've ever personally witnessed. He readily emphasizes that he pushes himself hard physically too.

Personally, I have noticed a lot of small improvements also, which taken together, have improved my strength if not my balance or endurance. I really hope the Ocrevus/Rituxan therapy works for you guys.

Later,
Larry