ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > MS Fitness

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2019, 02:51 PM
Junior Optimistic Misfit

Question Exercise and Fatigue: advice, please!

Hi people! I need advice, please
Like many of you, fatigue in the symptom that bosses me around the most. I really want to start exercising, and I have invested in a stationary bike per my PT's recommendation. My problem: after I exercise, I experience significant lassitude, often for a few days-to the point I cannot work. I had started out by doing HIIT training for 20 min for a few sessions (1-2 sessions a week), then went down to 15 min a few times, and the last few times I've been just doing a low-resistance easy ride for 20-30 min; it still triggers my fatigue monster.
So, how do you all cope with this? Obviously it should eventually get better, as exercise is the gold-standard the treatment for fatigue. But how long does it take? Yeah, everyone is different, but was it a month, or a year? Or maybe I'm still doing too much and I need to cut back more and build up more slowly?
I am willing to do whatever it takes to get on the exercise bandwagon, but if this is how it's going to be for a few months I'm thinking I should take a LOA from work (totally do-able).
Thoughts? Suggestions?

Tags
advice, exercise, fatigue, lassitude, start