ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > Gear

Old 09-23-2014, 10:57 AM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Default First Line Technology User Vest Reviews

I got this from a fellow active MSer about the cooling vest from First Line Technology.

Quote:
Thank you for the cooling vest reviews. I bought the First Line Technology vest and used it in 80+ humid temp today. It worked well! And I'm glad that you mention in the review that I wouldn't feel cool. Even though you said that, I was wondering if it was working. I was warm when I got home, as if I hadn't worn anything to keep me cool, but I was not shaky and weak or off balance. And I could think straight!

I thought it looked too much like a bullet-proof vest, but my husband didn't even notice that I was wearing it over a black t-shirt. So I guess my fear of looking like a SWAT team member were unfounded.

Thanks again,

Joan
Old 05-30-2018, 04:23 PM
Junior Optimistic Misfit

Default Cooling vest on airplanes?

Hello Active MSers,

Has anyone who purchased a first-line technology vest ever flown internationally with it? I will be flying to Ukraine next month and would like a bit of advice.
Are there any special authorizations I need to get to keep the checked luggage crew from mistaking the phase change packs for explosives?

Thanks very much!
Old 06-01-2018, 02:01 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

You should be fine, but I've heard people actually try to wear the vest through security. Don't do that! Enjoy Ukraine!
Old 05-14-2019, 06:38 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Here's another review of the not-that-cold-but-damn-it-works cooling vest by First Line Technology.

Quote:
I want to thank you very specifically for your priceless information on cooling vests and the testing that you did. I lost the ability to regulate my temperature from the nerve damage about 3-4 years ago and have been unable to be outside in heat above the low to mid 70ís without hitting the point of passing out and your information has given me back the ability to spend time outside with family and friends. I got the Firstline Tech cooling vest and again, I just cannot thank you enough for putting this information out there. I love that vest and have bonded very closely with it LOL. I canít imagine my life without it. This vest is fantastic and the packets re-cool so quickly that I can put it back on within 10 or so minutes after recharging. I carry a cooler with me wherever I go with ice and cold water and just remove the packets, re-cool them and reinsert back into the vest. I wear it on the outside of my clothing proudly in hopes that if someone else might be in a similar health position, they will ask me about it so I can pass along the difference it has made for me.