Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABQ: Walk MS Awards Party and When I Walk Movie Screening

NMSS Walk MS Awards Party and Movie Screening

Celebrate the success of Walk MS and enjoy a screening of When I Walk.

Awards for this year’s top fundraisers and teams.

Wednesday, June 25
    6:30 to 9:00 p.m.
    Domenici Center Auditorium, UNM North Campus
    Parking in the M Lot

$10 suggested donation, no one turned away

About the Film: In 2006, 25-year-old Jason DaSilva was on vacation at the beach with family when, suddenly, he fell down. He couldn’t get back up. His legs had stopped working; his disease could no longer be ignored. Just a few months earlier doctors had told him that he had multiple sclerosis, which could lead to loss of vision and muscle control, as well as a myriad of other complications. Jason tried exercise to help cope, but the problem only worsened. After his dispiriting fall on the beach, he turned to his Mom, who reminded him that, despite his disease, he was still a fortunate kid who had the opportunity to pursue the things he loved most: art and filmmaking. Jason picked up the camera, turned it on his declining body, and set out on a worldwide journey in search of healing, self-discovery, and love.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Well done movie and it was great to see friends. I feel like I know Jason personally, and perhaps some day I'll get to meet him--seems like a real genuine guy.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

NPR just did a story on Jason and his family (if you want an update). Spoilers (sort of)!

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2014...s-life-with-ms
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
      X