ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 01-07-2020, 04:34 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Default BLOG: Playing the Disability Card FTW

I throw caution to the wind so frequently that Iíve practically been forced to learn how to parasail. Now Iím not running out into a lightning storm with a kite and keyócímon, Iím not daft (nor am I a printer, political philosopher, politician, Freemason, postmaster, scientist, inventor, civic activist, statesman, or diplomat). But Iíve been rolling the dice since way before Andrew Clay coined his middle name. Iíve been pushing envelopes for so long I can remember the days when you actually had to lick them. Iím not going to say Liviní On The Edge is my anthem, but Aerosmith has a point, and author J.K. Rowling perhaps said it best.

"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all. In which case, you fail by default."

There are going to be failures when you live with a challenging disease, but at least you are living, damn it. So thatís why I wantonly attend chaotic outdoor eventsómost recently the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta held on monstrously thick grassóthat are not especially friendly to a disabled person with multiple sclerosis Ö particularly one who also uses a wheelchair and has a mercurial bladder with an attitude problem.

Allow me to set this stage: I surprised Laura with a pair of tickets to see Sting in concert. An outdoor concert. At a grassy community park. In Taos, New Mexico. Yes, the tiny mountain town of Taos, population 5,668 people. Number of concert tickets sold to see Sting in the tiny mountain town of Taos? 9,000. What could possibly go wrong?

BLOG: http://activemsers.blogspot.com/2019...-card-ftw.html