ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 06-15-2011, 04:49 PM
MS Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveMSers View Post
John, you get full credit for your original answer (my bad) and bonus points for your second, although that might be tricky. You could also rely on smell, as a warm bulb smells differently from a cold one. Heck you could even hold the hot bulb (even though you can't feel it) and then check your hands for redness/burning after 15 seconds.

Another completely different tangent to take would be to wait until the bulb burns out, turning one switch on and off for years. Finally turn one light on, leave the other off. Then go into the room and look for the telltale shadow or shake the two unlit bulbs to listen for that ring.

Nice work! BTW AMF, you get no credit, but I will call you when I do a little remodeling...
Rats, oh well, never was any good at that kind of stuff. I did have another idea though, punch a hole in the wall between the two rooms so you can look at the lights when you flip the switches . You don't have to travel between the rooms, just look through the hole.

Ready on the remodeling whenever you are.

AMF
Old 06-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Optimistic Misfit

Dave, Puzzles are good mental exercises for those of us with MS. Your's has multiple ways to solve it and reminds me of good story I heard many moons ago when I was training to be an English teacher for the Peace Corps:

http://www.mycoted.com/There_are_man..._test_question

I am sure many of you have heard this story before.

John
Old 06-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

I like that story a lot, and you are dead-on with the importance of stretching your mind with MS.

A side note: that professor taught my mother when she went on the maiden voyage of Semester at Sea in 1963. I went in 1993 (different ship, obviously). Best thing I ever did by far.*

*Since it was also my honeymoon, I can wrap my marriage into the equation....