MS Break-up song!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Break-up song!?

Hey all, Do you have a Break-up song for MS? I realized that I have a song list I will sometimes play when I'm feeling dejected or frustrated with MS, sort of like my old mix tape of breakup songs I'd play if I needed to embrace the loss in order to move on. I usually play upbeat motivating or calming music but sometimes I go to the dark side, and listen to melancholy or angst until I've had enough, and I move on. I was curious if any of you use music in a similar way to get through a bad day, and what song is it?? In case you were wondering,
    My favorite MS Break-up song is "Count to Ten" by Tina Dico, a Danish songwriter. The first time I heard it, it immediately resonated with me about how a bad day with MS feels, the tempo, the lyrics, everything. She is writing about being on the road, but its lyrics are so on point for MS... here they are:
    There are faces, there are smiles, so many teeth, too many arms and legs
    And eyes and flashing buttons all around me
    I'm a-watching, I'm a-breathing, I'm a-pushing, I'm a wishing
    That these walls would not be talking quite so loudly
    I have lost it once before I've pulled myself up from the floor
    And I am looking for a reason to stay standing
    But sometimes it's just too much or not enough or something else
    It's so much bigger than my head, it's too demanding
    Sometimes the fastest way to get there is to go slow
    And sometimes if you wanna hold on you got to let go
    I'm gonna close my eyes
    And count to ten
    I'm gonna close my eyes
    And when I open them again
    Everything will make sense to me then
    I have met so many people, we've exchanged so many words
    We've said it all and we've said nothing but it's changed us
    I have known a lot of men, some were lovers, some were friends
    But all together were they merely passing strangers?
    They'll control you with their silence, they'll control you with their words
    And you'll control them with your body's coded signals
    In the wild, entangled gardens of our insecurities
    We lose our heads into eachother's hidden pitfalls
    Sometimes the fastest way to get there is to go slow
    And sometimes if you wanna hold on you got to let go
    I'm gonna close my eyes
    And count to ten
    I'm gonna close my eyes
    And when I open them again
    Everything will make sense to me then
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-ten...
    Source: Musixmatch
    Songwriters: Tina Dickow
    Count to Ten lyrics © Kobalt Songs Music Publishing, Kojam Music Ltd

Not a breakup song but a LOVE song to MS that I wrote last year called “You send a tingle down my spine”😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Intro
    You caught my gaze those early days, it seems I fell for you. Apparently I could not see all the fun $h*t that you’d do.

Verse
    You give me excuses to not have to go to work.
    To sit around, oh hell LAY around and be a lazy jerk
    To act like I’m not feeling well when I’m really feeling fine
    And if all that stuff weren’t enough, you send a tingle down my spine.

Chorus
    You send a tingle up and down my spine, to me you’re just a pain in the neck, to some L’hermitte’s sign.
    Things like poo I just can’t do and I’ve half lost my mind and if all that stuff weren’t enough, you send a tingle down my spine.

Guitar solo, harmonica solo, drum solo, oh hell why not even do a bass solo (yup, the dreaded bass solo)

Chorus (again)
    You send a tingle up and down my spine, to me you’re just a pain in the neck, to some L’hermittes sign.
    Things like poo I just can’t do and I’ve half lost my mind and if all that stuff weren’t enough you send a tingle down my spine. To simply pee is a fantasy and not to shart would be sublime. And if all that stuff weren’t enough you send a tingle down my spine.😂

Comment

fix-it song

Got a different solution: classic little-kid's song I learned on a bus to camp:
      "Nobody loves me
      Everybody hates me
      Guess I'll go eat worms.
      Big fat juicy ones
      Little tiny skinny ones
      Worms that wiggle & squirm, etc.."
      You can google the rest - it's on YouTube.
      Works almost every time..

Comment

MS crowd sourced song!

A friend sent me this great video by musician Marie performing her MS Breakup/ love triumph song. She crowd sourced the lyrics to best describe MS as a life partner. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WEN6E5BSus
        Fatpaul, I loved your tune and poetic skills. Let us know if decide to upload it to YouTube, it would be great to see you perform it. We all need some levity these days... Celia, I didn’t remember your juicy worm song from my camp days many many moons ago, but I have definitely had MS days that would make me feel like singing it!

Comment

Working...
        X