ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > MS Fitness

Old 09-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Veteran Misfit

That’s great riding Veronica!

There is an MS Bike tour route close to home that I have avoided because it is very hilly, but your post has me thinking that an e-assist bike may bring it into the realm of possibility....hmmm something to think about for next year.

I have been enjoying lots of time in the saddle with my horse on the trails and enjoying fall colours. Hope the snow stays away so that continues....

Swimming starts up again this week so I am looking forward to that.

Cheers
Old 10-13-2019, 11:04 AM
MS Yoda

Great writeup Veronica! Love the fact you got involved in the planning. Personally, I'm on board with your route planner, there always needs to be a hill, maybe with an optional work around for the fanatical non-climber. I know you love the climb but am curious how the descents are on the trike. Were/are you an aggressive descender?

Karen, our fall colors were progressing nicely too until we got a deep freeze a couple of days ago. I love riding my bike through them but I guess that won't happen this year now.

I just got back from the senior games with my trainee. He did sweep the podium again this year but in third place thanks to a couple of first time ringers who should have been at least one category higher. Oh well, we're already planning for next year.

I haven't been riding as much as usuall, things keep getting in the way but when I do get out now I try to throw in a few hills, they're great for HIIT's. I've also been getting at least one mountain climb a month in. Lately it's been Lookout Mountain. There are two ways up it and depending on how one approaches it, I can get anywhere from 1,300 ft. To 2,500 ft. of climb. I'm definantly getting slower but it might be making the climbs a little easier because I don't seem to struggle on some of the steeper sections the way I used to. I'm getting a little slower on the descents too but I still love them and I can still beat most of my buddies down the hill!

Still walking and doing yoga too. I need to adjust my schedule to get back to the weight room pretty soon before my upper body strength disappears entirely.

Dave, I've got a couple of cd's worth of Africa pictures that I'll be sure to have near by next time we meet. Quite a few good pics and a couple of exceptional ones!

That's all for now, carry on folks,

Larry