ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > MS Fitness

Old 04-24-2019, 05:19 PM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

I've been promising a HIIT and MS article, and I wanted to let folks know that it is in process. I'm pretty detail-oriented (read: anal), so it is taking time. Hope to get it done by next month!
Old 05-29-2019, 09:54 AM
Optimistic Misfit

Default Heat

Hi Beth, about 16c average but heading up on the forecast to mid 20c so it will be harder to exercise just got to knock it back a bit.
Still keep moving doing some extra Psoas stretching at the moment to see if it may help with my balance which is shockingly poor anything that may help.
Old 05-31-2019, 08:22 PM
Junior Optimistic Misfit

Smile Article/guide is great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActiveMSers View Post
I've been promising a HIIT and MS article, and I wanted to let folks know that it is in process. I'm pretty detail-oriented (read: anal), so it is taking time. Hope to get it done by next month!
Great article/guide!...really great. I needed explicit help on how to HIIT it in this new world I now live in. I had loved/crazy loved tabata & it just started not feeling so great...then diagnosis explained so much...since DDay I tried to get back on my beloved keiser spin bike but just could not figure out how to adjust & so I put my bike away... your guide/article inspired me to bring my bike back, setup 4 fans, turn the AC down, wear my Cooling vest before....& I was so thrilled to have a guide in my hands (literally) & I did it!

The advice I found here has been fabulous... thanks so very much!

Now Iím off to make some music playlists for this new spin choreography!
Old 06-19-2019, 11:19 PM
Junior Optimistic Misfit

Thumbs up

I appreciate all the suggestions you have included here in the text to help us avoid injury and make reasonable, if not surprising progress.
Old 10-22-2019, 05:34 PM
Optimistic Misfit

Default Quick update

It's been a year since by fall/broken arm/surgery and I'm healing and in the gym almost every day. I'm just about back to where I was pre-accident.

I rotate upper body strength, lower body strength and cardio days. I can do intense sets of cardio if I keep it to 8 minutes each. I allow 5 minutes of recovery between sets, still take and aspirin, and wet the back of my tshirt to promote cooling. Hope you can too.
Old 10-24-2019, 05:27 PM
Junior Optimistic Misfit

Good job Hondo! I'm sure your setback must have been discouraging but I am so glad to read that you got back on the program. I wonder how different MS would be as a disease if everyone could find the time and motivation to follow a similar routine. I salute you!
Old 10-25-2019, 03:41 PM
MS Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
It's been a year since by fall/broken arm/surgery and I'm healing and in the gym almost every day. I'm just about back to where I was pre-accident.

I rotate upper body strength, lower body strength and cardio days. I can do intense sets of cardio if I keep it to 8 minutes each. I allow 5 minutes of recovery between sets, still take and aspirin, and wet the back of my tshirt to promote cooling. Hope you can too.
Gotta say Hondo, I do believe you have the formula for doing this stuff exactly right. Nice job.

Larry