Power Balance Bracelet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Balance Bracelet

I recently ordered a nice pink Power Balance Bracelet as I had heard that it improves the balance and also can improve your workout. I have been going to the gym Monday through Friday religiously for nearly two months now and have even added a spin class on Fridays. So far, I feel more energized. It is early days though as I only got the bracelet this week. I was wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with this bracelet. Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Stella

Do you have a link to the bracelet? I thought about getting one.I have seen a few different ones in a couple of different sporting goods stores. Lots of choices and pricepoints make it confusing. I will be following this for updates.

Comment

Hi Cruiser,

Here is a link that explains a little about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Balance

In regard to purchasing one, I would google power balance bracelet and there will be several sellers that you can buy from online for your area. I am in the UK so it won't do you good for my area, lol. I would just search for the best price. Online usually has the best deals. Good luck and let me know how you get on. So far, I am finding extra energy since I have started wearing it. Who knows if it is just in the mind but if it tricks you into thinking you have more energy, that's okay by me!

Here is another interesting article:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-12135402

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
        I recently ordered a nice pink Power Balance Bracelet as I had heard that it improves the balance and also can improve your workout. I have been going to the gym Monday through Friday religiously for nearly two months now and have even added a spin class on Fridays. So far, I feel more energized. It is early days though as I only got the bracelet this week. I was wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with this bracelet. Any responses would be greatly appreciated!

Stella
        Way to go Stella! I hope and pray that the exercise does at least as much for you as it has for me and if the bracelet helps, why not.

Larry

Comment

Stella, the Wikilink is pretty eye opening with lots of lawsuits.

"Chiropractic researchers from RMIT's School of Health Sciences recently (2011) reported the results of an independent, randomized and controlled trial with double blind design. They found no difference in balance between people using a real holographic wristband and those wearing a placebo."
          I suggest saving your money and using a rubber band. Except call it the "Ultra Balance Band" and snap it against your wrist whenever the urge to purchase such products arise.
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

I don't know Dave, there's a lot to be said for a good placebo, especially if you believe in it a little. Besides, I bet that pretty pink bracelet looks fantastic on Stella.

Larry
            Last edited by AMFADVENTURES; 06-07-2012, 12:50 PM.

Comment

I agree Larry, even if it is all in the mind and makes you think you feel a difference, what the heck! The color is a very nice shade of pink that makes me feel more optimistic. It is also inspiring to note that Bill Clinton is a fan and he is my all-time favorite president. I would still like to hear if anybody else has any views or experiences with the bracelet out of curiousity. I have found out that some people buy two bracelets, one for each wrist for more balance but I won't go that far, I might try Dave's suggestion and use a regular rubber band on my other wrist and see if that makes any difference?

Comment

I totally agree, Larry, the effect of placebo is unbelievably powerful (even when one knows it is a placebo). I just think it shouldn't be $29.95 plus shipping....
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

My opinion as to what might be going on is that by wearing it causes you to think about your balance more than if you are not wearing it; a visual reminder. Even if studys have shown that the advertised affect is not valid it should come down to personel taste. If something brings about a meantal change then go for it. I would start with somthing cheaper, personalyspeaking.

A Casio watch does the same thing as a Rolex, one just has way more style!

Comment

I thought I would update you on my Power Balance Bracelet now that I have been using it for nearly three weeks. When I first started using the bracelet, I can honestly say that I did not notice a difference but over the space of time I have noticed little changes. For instance, I have only been back at the gym since April and I really missed running, I had tried a bit of running before I got the bracelet but I felt really out of shape. Just this week, I have tried running three minutes, walking one minute and so far so good, I am starting to feel like I can handle it better. Also, since I included the spin class on Fridays, the weight is starting to fall off, which is a plus. I was also worried that I wouldn't last the full 45 minutes of the class but I did. Whether it is all just in the mind or not, I think getting the bracelet was really worthwhile as I do feel it has improved my workout and even though the results were not instantaneous, the results were gradual and that's good enough for me!

Comment

Well written Stella. Personally, I think if that bracelet is getting you to the gym on a regular basis, it is doing it's job perfectly.

Larry

Comment

Originally posted by AMFADVENTURES View Post
                        Well written Stella. Personally, I think if that bracelet is getting you to the gym on a regular basis, it is doing it's job perfectly.

Larry
                        Hi Larry,

so lovely to hear from you. Hope the fires are not affecting you? I only just heard of them. I truly am so sorry to hear. Thank you for your kind words. As I said, I am so delighted with my bracelet and the results, that I am just after ordering another one through an American company. Here is the link:

http://store.ionloop.com/american-flag-bracelets/

I haven't received it yet but I was looking for one with the American Flag on it and found the perfect one. I will definitely wear it with pride!

Stella

Comment

FYI American Flag Bracelet

Just to let you know, I did get my American Flag Bracelet in time for the 4th of July. And yes, I wore it with pride at the gym!
                          Last edited by Stella; 07-05-2012, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X