Best DMD for protecting Cognition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best DMD for protecting Cognition?

Hi all, I thought I'd throw a question out to "crowd source" about DMDs that work well to protect cognition and from brain atrophy.

Not surprisingly, my MRIs show disproportionate brain atrophy in area of my brain where I had significant attack. I use provigil and that gets the neurons connecting ok. But I know I am not top of my game so to speak . I am not a young thing but relatively not old either, and so I really want to hear about any DMDs that have helped preserve cognition /brain shrink so I can discuss with my neuro at next visit.

Brain fog is harder for me when I'm fatigued. My word choices have amused some at work. Short term memory stinkero. It isn't age. Why do neuros even say that?!?

Hey Suebee, thought I'd better hit you right back on this one because it just came to my attention. If you check out the NMSS Web site under off label therapies, you'll see they list simvastatin as one that has shown a reduction of brain volume loss. I do recall having seen studies on this quite some time ago but of course can't remember any specifics.

I would take it now except the statins seem to play hell with my joints, a listed side effect but apparently not common.

Larry

Comment

Hi Suebee!
      Check out this link
      http://multiple-sclerosis-research.blogspot.com/
      Specifically the post from June 11, 2017

High Dose Simvastin for All

Comment

Working...
      X