Bioness vs Walkaide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bioness vs Walkaide

Looking into purchasing one of these walking devices, but I have to say not really thrilled with Bioness customer service. Would love feedback from people who have purchased or used one or both of these products.

Thanks

Hi I just inquired about bioness with my neuro. I wanted to know if it would help me. Yes, I was told it might help, however, the units start at $10k and insurance is usually a no go... regardless, it seemed to me that if I was truly interested in bioness, my neuro would pave the way to a fitting and trying out. Good luck, I hope you find a way to get it!

Comment

There are a number of threads discussing the two, CP. Here is the most popular, with several pages of comments and over 20K views.

http://forums.activemsers.org/showth...hlight=bioness
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Thanks Dave for posting the link to all the reviews! I hadn't seen it.
        I was attracted to the Bioness plus because it is supposed to be helpful to people with weak hipflexors and trouble with gait follow through. It has a band for the thigh and a band for the calf. The videos almost brought tears of excitement for me. Per my neuro, this thigh unit costs $10k+. But, I would need two. Maybe my muscle atrophy on weakest leg would be sufficient to get insurance to pay for device for one leg if I fight for it. I guess if I'm serious about it, I should try it out.. again, thanks for all the reviews.

Comment

Thanks

Dave and the rest of the group, thanks for the feedback! I have to say working with Bioness has been a nightmare and I am setting up an appointment to try out the walkaide. I will post my comments after I try it out

Chris

Comment

Look forward to it, Chris. And I'm not totally surprised with your issues. They never returned my phone calls, so I shrugged and said meh.
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

6 month ago I tried the bioness 300 and it work pretty good to lift the foot (that witch I really don't need yet) but don’t help much with my problem of my weak thigh.
              Now they have the new Ness300 Go that they say it is better for thigh weakness.
              So I will try it again in few months to see if it works better.
              I know it is very expensive especially if it doesn’t help very much. They say you have one month to return it for the cost of $1000.00!?
              To be continued...

Comment

OK I was wrong in my description above.!
                I saw the orthopedic yesterday that explained me, the problem is my hip flexor of course not my thighs so the bioness won’t help me.
                I currently use a HFAD from Becker orthopedic, that work good, but he is going to add a cool carbon fiber AFO for the foot drop that is spring loaded .
                The insurance is supposed to pay for it.
                Let you know.

Comment

I have had the walkaide for years.

I found it helpful. Since I am a farmer and often crawling around on my knees I do not use it as much as I expected.

I chose the walkaide instead of the bioness because it is/was one piece. When I was checking them out the bioness had two pieces. One control was handheld and I knew I would lose it.

The walkaide company actually supplied lawyers to argue my case and the medical board in the state of CT where I worked, ordered my insurance company to cover the $1,000. I am one lucky kid.
                  Last edited by MSLazarus; 11-07-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X