Arctic Heat cooling cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arctic Heat cooling cap

I tried out my new cooling cap today and was stunned by the effect it had. I normally use cooling vests during any exercise that I do and they do help a lot. But the cooling cap allowed me to go twice as long at a 10-15% faster pace. Another positive difference I noticed was that I only wore it for about five minutes before exercising, with the vests I normally need 20 to 30 minutes of pre-cooling.Has anyone else had similar results by cooling the head instead of the body?

I haven heard of that. Does it have a gel insert or do you soak it in cool water like the neck towels ? I also saw gel wrist, torso, and (shriek) bra inserts advertised on the web but wasn't sure how effective those were, and based on cost, might as well go for cooling vest. Anyone try these approaches? I think I'm gonna need to get something this summer. I'm going to revisit Dave's review of cooling vests and see if I can get my health insurer to defray some of cost. But I'm interested in other maybe less conspicuous methods.

Comment

The cap has the same water absorbing material as the vest. After soaking it in water and letting it drip dry I put it on a styrofoam mannequin head and put it in the freezer. Not a fashionable product but for at home it works really well for me, I purchased two more today.

Comment

That's sounds pretty genius and a good solution for home! Even better if a baseball cap could go over it for outside jaunts.

Comment

In my experience the cooling cap definitely has an impact, but it's mighty cold if frozen (fridge temps work well). And I like it for precooling, not as much during activity (unlike the vests). Note ArcticHeat currently offers a 20% discount for ActiveMSers (look in members only area).
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

I checked on hats to go over the cooling cap, my head is pretty large to begin with and the cap adds three inches to the circumference which puts me over the XXXXL size. Maybe I'll get a Dolly Parton style wig! Dave, I am an outlier as far as cooling goes. The colder the better, and it sure makes a big difference whether the cap or an ice vest. Thanks for your efforts in getting all these discounts arranged for us.

Comment

Working...
            X