Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashing

Recently I have been experiencing a sudden loss of energy and optic issues. I took a short walk today and it damn near killed me. I am secondary progressive. Do progressive MSer's get relapses?.

Sorry you're experiencing this.

I've always felt we SP (my dr says I'm RR) folks would slip a few rungs down the ladder eventually, but not at a sudden rate. Could you have an underlying infection? That might account for the energy loss.

Have you taken your temperature? Even a less-than-one degree fever affects me by dramatically robbing my energy.

Hope this is a passing phase, and you get back to your normal soon.

Comment

FP, yes SPMSers can have relapses, although they are more infrequent. Here is a good article about the transition. As older guys, you'll see we have a target....

http://ms.about.com/od/multiplescler...signs_spms.htm
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Good article Dave, that's pretty much my understanding of SPMS and the transition into it. If they left anything out it's the value of exercise, mental and physical, to maintain brain volume and push the disability envelope out as far as possible. Hope you get through whatever you're experiencing quickly Paul, it's no fun being out in wonderland wondering what the hell is going on.

Larry

Comment

That helps to clarify this. Thank you very much

Comment

Working...
          X