ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 08-27-2009, 03:07 AM
Junior Optimistic Misfit

Default Copaxone

Hi Beth, I didn't find the copaxone to be too bad. I took it for about a year. The injection sites could be pretty tender but not unbearable. I stopped for a season because I had a lot of leg stiffness and couldn't remember what was MS and what was side effects. I am going to give avonex a whirl for awhile but wouldn't hesitate to go back on copaxone. The injections become part of your routine and you don't think twice about them. Attitude is everything. I kind of look at injections as something I do to prevent illness until stem cell research is developed further and gives me a cure. I believe in this and am just waiting. Best of luck!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Optimistic Misfit

Thanks to you all for your advice and support. I have signed up for Copaxone and am waiting on my NORD application to get processed. Can't say that i'm looking forward to the injection site reactions but I have also heard that using the auto-injector can cause a lot of that and therefore I intend to try it with & without it. Blessings, Beth
Old 10-12-2009, 10:49 AM
Optimistic Misfit

Hi all... Well, I began the injections 10/3 and so far so good. I have been using the auto-injector and usually a depth of 10. My training nurse said that she believe the site reactions can be reduced if you allow the medication to go in deeper rather than just sit under the skin and I have found that to be true! I have just went on my first weekend away with my meds and it went well. So a new normal is forming for me. Blessings, Bethany

Tags
copanone, natural