Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need you to CHIME in or my wife will win this debate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need you to CHIME in or my wife will win this debate.

Hello all,
    I was wondering how often do you see your Nero, I mean if all is going well, no flare ups no changes, staying on your meds (if you are on them), blood work is all good, eating right, working out regularly does anyone see the need to go to the nero - if so please explain.

I see him every three months, but I'm in a drug study so I guess that doesn't count lol!

Comment

My neuro prefers it if I come in every six months. I've been in remission since June 2007 (knock on wood) and take Copaxone to help keep things that way. Mostly she wants to make sure that I'm not entertaining any progressive symptoms (not so far), that I have an opportunity to get therapies for bothersome symptoms, and to update me on any relevant research.

Comment

Neuro visits.

I haven't had a flare up/exacerbation in 6 yrs. now and my neuro still wants to see me to touch base once a year. No new MRI's or anything, but she still wants to put me through the little neuro (DUI) tests so that she can feel confident that there is not something new that I hadn't noticed. So, how about a once a year visit?

Cheers,
        Pete F.

Comment

So what does wife think?

I see my neurologist first day of fall and first day of spring. Like seeing him 2x year so he remembers me, knows me in case somethig happens ... PPMS, no change in MRI, never have flareups, but he checks in on symptoms, makes sure Copaxone is still "working" (how the hell do we know if it is? hmm...). Admittedly, we do have good insurance, so I don't worry about seeing him twice!

Comment

My neuro said I needed to come back once a year for an MRI. When I asked why he said so he could check for new lesions. So when I asked what he would do for me if I did have new lesions he didn't have an answer. We decided when I have a major flare up that I should call him.

I can not think of a good reason to go see him on a regular basis.

Comment

Go to the doctor!!

I am on a 6 month schedule after going back to Avonex from Beta. FYI...Sometimes even tough guys need to suck it up and go to the doctor...your wife is right but don't tell her I said so!!

Comment

DXd in 2004, went to the drs every six months for bloodwork, until this yr, now i will see him every 9 mos. I have been lucky no real issues.

Comment

Working...
                X