Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to be involved in a global MS event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to be involved in a global MS event?

Fellow MSers:

In 2018, I was part of a global team of 96 MSers and their supporters called "Run a Myelin My Shoes". We came together either in person or virtually to participate in the Detroit Marathon in late October. I wrote a story about the experience which was just published on MSConnection.org. See link below.

We have begun to prepare for a similar event in 2019 - organized around the Richmond, VA marathon. Richmond has 8K, Half Marathon and full Marathon options. We want to get to a team size (in-person and virtual) of 200 for this year with representatives from every US state, 30 nations, and every continent.

If interested, read the story below. Then send an email to runamyelinmyshoes@gmail.com. Or ask questions here.

https://www.msconnection.org/Blog/De...yelin-My-Shoes

How can someone virtually participate? I am interested

Comment

Participating virtually

BabyEmily:

"Virtual participation" just requires you to be added to our list of participants - and then you select your own event to participate in. That can range from a walk in your neighborhood to participation in a marathon local to you...you decide. We ask that it occur on the same day as the Richmond VA Marathon (November 16) and close to the same time as you can (7am EST) - but that of course may not be possible depending on where you live in which case we willingly accept other arrangements. One person for Detroit did something over a period of a few days.

If want to connect with the group, PM me here on ActiveMSers with your email address - I can then arrange for you to be added to the email distribution list and (if interested and on FB) our private FB page.

Comment

Working...
      X