Personal best walking week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Personal best walking week!

This was a good week for the legs. On Wednesday I walked over 500 meters unaided (about 5 football fields), a personal best since the SCT. Then on Sunday I went for a 1.6-mile hike in the mountains using my forearm crutches, another high.

While the above is great news, the weekend before I went 1.3 miles and 1.1 miles on hikes in Sedona ... on the same day. Needless to say my legs were hosed the next day. I could only manage a half mile hike before they turned to rubber. For the long weekend I trekked nearly 5 miles in total, whew!

Of course I still use a walker, but these improvements are quite welcome.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Alas it was only .8 miles in (round trip 1.6). I actually stopped right at the gate for the wilderness area... there was an inviting bench calling to me. Crossing that fence line will be my goal next time! It might take me forever to get back if my legs bonk, but whatever, I'm out there...
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Thats great news Dave.... I hope your legs just get better and better and better.

Comment

That is great news Dave! and just in time for Thanksgiving. Praying!
        Whatever does not begin with God will end in failure.

Comment

Dave inspired us

Dave after reading about your experience with HALT MS, I decided I needed to do something.

My husband has MS but has been doing pretty well on his copaxone, however we know that can change

My friend and I swim, we managed to convince the National MS and Maryland Chapter to build us a personal web site.

We are going to swim a mile to Halt MS on December 18th. In just six days we have already raised $3,000.00 and are going for $10,000.00, but we will be thrilled if we raise $5,000.00.

So here is to you Dave, your story changed things and got me moving. I am hoping the National MS Society will publicize the ability to do individual fund raising.

Keep moving

Comment

That is incredible, donnaps! What a great idea. Feel free to post donation info here, you might pick up a few extra dollars. And thanks for swimming for all of us....
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Hey Dave, let me know if you want to go on a short hike in the Sandias! I miss it and wouldn't feel so bad for holding my SO back if I had someone else who was having gooshy legs lol And since I now live in 4 Hills literally a minute from the trail... We could sport our fore arm crutches together!

Comment

our swim to Halt MS honoring everyone with MS

That is incredible, donnaps! What a great idea. Feel free to post donation info here, you might pick up a few extra dollars. And thanks for swimming for all of us...

Dave
                we raised more than $7500. Here is a link to our web page
                http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...nd&fr_id=16827

keep moving my man

Comment

Working...
                X