ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > Forums > General

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2020, 01:31 PM
MSLazarus MSLazarus is offline
Veteran Misfit
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: western MA
Posts: 80
Default Just what I was thinking....although

...I was thinking of cancelling mine for the first and third week of June. My legs are weak in a new way but everything else is stable so I thought of pushing it to August. Maybe a home infusion?

None of my farmersí markets are opening on time if at all. The younger and/or farms with crews of workers are setting up virtual markets. Kind of neat but not what we can manage. (We planted spring crops anyway....🥴
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:58 AM
Suebee Suebee is online now
MS Master
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 507
Default On scheduling calendar but..

I'm on scheduling calendar at hospital for an MRI and infusion in July. I plan to discuss with my neuro the options when its gets closer. I'm in Houston area, we haven't hit peak yet. Im skittish to go near hospital let alone be in MRI and MRI room when virus can hang in air for hours. I'm hoping the hospital has moved the infusion suite to a covid free building. I didn't know an infusion at home might be an option. That would be fantastic! Since I just had 1st dose in jan, I'm anxious to get full effect of dosing. My hubby's continued emoyment is tied to price of oil. And so I worry about postponing treatment in case we lose insurance. These decisions are never easy anyway. It has been great motivation for me to stay healthy, eat well, and self care.(but I admit had my share of chips and drink several weeks into sheltering) My dog certainly likes the increase in walks around the block!
Stay well friends. This will eventually pass.
Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 03:49 PM
MSSpouse MSSpouse is offline
Optimistic Misfit
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 46
Default Infusion scheduled

We were notified yesterday that Ocrevus infusions from our provider are coming off 'hold' and are being scheduled. We're set for next week. The facility is freestanding and only handles infusions, will not be running at full capacity, and partners/guests aren't being accommodated at this time. As a result we're not too worried about risk of exposure there, but will of course exercise a lot of caution. We had the first set of two 'half' infusions about seven months ago, so this will be the second full dose. Wondering if folks elsewhere in the country are hearing about infusions being resumed (we're in the north central/midwest). Our doc is pretty conservative; he was very quick to put these on hold as the crisis emerged, and what we've been seeing suggests that there hasn't been increased risk to those on this DMT. Hoping for the best!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.