exercise routine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exercise routine

In your last newsletter, Dave, you asked about our exercises. I use my forearm crutches to do different kinds of stick pushups, dips and lunges. I tie an elatic to my desk and pull my leg back, tie it to the leg of my chair and move it forward and up, tie an elastic around my upper thighs and walk around. All these exercises I do in 2 sets of 8-10 reps and will work up. It's definitely giving me more strength and stability and I feel my hips lining up in a more normal sense. Some things that are easier are getting in and out of the bath, getting into bed and getting in and out of the car.

Take care all,

Teena Marie

Teena Marie, I was wondering how you're doing on the spin bike since the cycling shoes didn't work out? Now I see you're doing a lot more.

You know, you'd be welcome to join us at MSers Training in 2013. I know some people think we're a bunch of fanatics but all were really about is trying to make the most out of exercise as a therapy for MS (and personally, I think we're light years ahead of most MS clinics). Anyway, I am interested in hearing how you're doing on the spin bike.

Larry

Comment

Thanks for the tips, teena marie! I do many of those same things with my forearm crutches. I also try walking on my toes and heels, and walking sideways and backwards to challenge my stability and improve my balance....
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Meditation is one of my tools as well. The mind and body go hand in hand for me.

Comment

Working...
        X