Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A No-Blush Guide to Sex and MS

HealthCentral just published this guide. Thoughts? Anything to add? -D

So, you've got this condition that messes with the nerve pathways required for great sex. A whopping 91% of men and 72% of women with MS have reported trouble between the sheets, but most are too embarrassed to talk about it. If that's you, try to think about it like this:

"It's like saying, 'My car isn't running: Fix it,'" says Barry Hendin, M.D., chief medical officer of the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America in Phoenix, AZ. "What is it? The motor? The brakes? You've got to dive deeper. If you don't bring it up, you can't access the possibilities." And there are solutions to many MS-related sex problems. You've just gotta ask.

https://www.healthcentral.com/slides...-sex-questions
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Double Trouble Here

A topic near and dear to my heart (and other bits)

Not only M.S., but having survived colon cancer, I'm also dealing with an ostomy bag glued to my front.

Communication between partners is essential!

Having a partner who is understanding, compassionate, and willing to take the extra time it might take to get things going as it were.

Erectile dysfunction is a problem because of both of my issues, however with patience, we are both well satisfied still, after 38 years together!
    Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
    Watch my goats at GoatsLive.com
    Active in amateur radio
    Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
    M.S. since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X