ActiveMSers Forums  

Go Back   ActiveMSers Forums > ActiveMSers.org Forums > General

Old 02-17-2017, 11:58 AM
Dave @ ActiveMSers

Default Describing MS fatigue

When Medical News Today asked me about MS fatigue, I pulled no punches...

"Few people understand how MS fatigue can be utterly pancaking. Imagine pulling an all-nighter, make that three of them in a row, and then running a marathon. Backwards. On stilts. While juggling chainsaws. Once you get that in your mind, realize that's not even close to what it feels like."

How would you describe it?

More MS facts (and tips) from the article: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/315696.php
Old 02-19-2017, 02:15 PM
MS Gladiator

Yeah, all of that plus 3rd day symptoms of the flu and trying to comprehend all that you see through a pair of outdated prescription eyeglasses and trying to take notes with a dried up pen while your family or friends ask if you want to join them for a fun trip to the big mall...
Old 02-20-2017, 04:10 PM

Default People don't have a clue!

I feel like I'm wearing a 100 kilo suit of rocks all the time. Any kind of movement, in any direction, is just plain difficult and often painful.

It kills me to have to turn down events because of it. Just this afternoon my bride wanted to go on a quick road trip. I hated to say no, but darn it, I just can't keep my eyes open!
Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
M.S. since 2000
Old 02-24-2017, 08:29 AM

Default Link to Lamar Freed (Dr. Who has MS) article on fatigue: great article

http://tf.n.tripod.com/ms/id53.htm

I like this article. I often send it to relatives to help them understand.
Old 03-09-2017, 09:33 AM

Default It's all in our heads...

Trying to describe fatigue is sometimes like pulling teeth! The best description I use is if you've had Mono, you somewhat understand. At times I also feel like I'm walking through pea soup. Of course there is more, but you all understand. I think I'll take a nap now...
Old 04-12-2017, 05:04 AM

Default fatigue ok then

I think fatigue is life's way of telling you to focus more on getting off yer bum. Once I realized what was happening, and there was a reason I was a lazy person - I felt there was something to fight - not me, but something happening to me. To me, it's like a rubber band pulling me back to bed.
Old 04-12-2017, 07:00 AM

Default The farm keeps us alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoatHerder View Post
I feel like I'm wearing a 100 kilo suit of rocks all the time. Any kind of movement, in any direction, is just plain difficult and often painful.

It kills me to have to turn down events because of it. Just this afternoon my bride wanted to go on a quick road trip. I hated to say no, but darn it, I just can't keep my eyes open!
Hello,
We too are retired...engineer and teacher. Since we retired the farm has grown...and grown! I have been doing rituxan (ocrelizumab) for 4 years. When I get the infusions I can work well enough. As the infusion wears off I work less well.
I time the 6 month infusions around the farm schedule! Are all farmers crazy?
We are in western MA and have planted peas. Yesterday we plowed another field and today we will start the 2 acres of fingerling potatoes. Life feels good again even if .....
Old 04-20-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSLazarus View Post
Hello,
Yesterday we plowed another field and today we will start the 2 acres of fingerling potatoes. Life feels good again even if .....
Being in Florida, we have already been enjoying the fruits of our labor. Over a dozen different vegetables growing like weeds, thanks in part to all the goat poo we have available! My fine motor skills have deteriorated to where doing PC board work is no longer possible, but I can still manage to weld up stuff for the farm.
M.S. since 2000
Old 04-20-2017, 07:30 AM

Default Dodder...

We have the weed, dodder. We have the yellow one that is airborne. (No roots to pull it out.)

Dodder can sense a nearby plant and travels in the air, wraps itself around a plant, and strangles the plant. It develops many strands. Ever seen it?
YouTube has great videos on it.

Once you can see it the cause is already lost. We have an organic farm so I am looking for help on preemergent weed growth.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSLazarus View Post
We have the weed, dodder.
We're organic as well, but just pull weeds the old fashioned way. Our garden is producing more than we can eat in a week, so now we start canning!
M.S. since 2000