Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The EMBR Wave: a bracelet that regulates your body's temperature???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EMBR Wave: a bracelet that regulates your body's temperature???

How friggin' cool would that be! The personal cooling (and heating) gadget is still in prototype [the production version has now been released under the name EMBR Wave], but it appears to have legs and could get built. According to CNET:

"At its core, the Wristify concept is fairly simple. The device is equipped with technology that delivers warm or cool thermal pulses to slightly raise or lower your body temperature. Wristify's creators claim that modest, but quick changes in temperature on the wrist, an area of high blood flow, can make you feel several degrees cooler. The current prototype cools or warms the body at a rate of about 0.4 degrees Celsius per second."

To see more (and beg the MIT developers to turn this into a real life product and urge them to send ActiveMSers one for testing), go here:
    http://www.embrlabs.com/
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

The latest update. "Coming soon to early adopters who join our mailing list." They are getting their prototype samples soon and expect to start selling later this year. I first posted about this nearly two years ago. Can't wait to test! - D

Dear Wristifriends,
    Looking back, 2016 has been a good year for us at EMBR Labs. Our cooling & warming bracelet, Wristify, is getting closer to production, and we've grown as a company and as individuals.
    I'm happy to announce that we'll be receiving the first prototype samples from our manufacturer next month. *With the production progress that we've made so far, we're very excited to bring Wristify to the world in 2017.*
    In case you missed it, we also launched an online publication where we share helpful tips about environment,*mind, body resonance.*Here are our top posts of 2016:
    Most read:*David on why he ditched the Forbes 30 Under 30 Summit to meditate with his mother.
    Most recommended:*Kristen on the awe-inspiring science behind goosebumps.
    Most viewed:*Sam on why you should try dunking your face in freezing water at work.
    We design these posts to be short, entertaining, and actually helpful. To get in on the action, you can either follow our online publication*directly, or you can follow the post links that we'll be sharing*on Facebook.
    We hope that your holiday season will be filled with warmth and happiness.
    Fondly yours,
    David, Kristen, Matt, Bob, and Sam at*EMBR Labs
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

New update! They are building out their team. 3 interns (2 from MIT, 1 from Northeastern) and a marketing manager to come. -D

Wristify is one major step closer to becoming a consumer product and in your hands. In the past month, Wristify graduated from "Prototype Sample" to "Engineering Sample."

In plain English, this means our next batch of samples will be the first produced on an assembly line. Bringing a hardware product to market is no easy task, and we've been working with a team of manufacturing consultants to make sure we're using best engineering practices as Wristify ramps up for production.

In other news, we also completed another version of the Wristify firmware, and our team has been testing it across many use cases to make it even better. It feels great so far!
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

So Cool!
        Me want it!

Comment

That sounds pretty neat!

Comment

I’m extremely excited about this product. I’m also a little confused. The first quote above says that it cools the core temperature. Everything on their site says it can’t actually cool the body but, makes you feel cooler or warmer.
            Ultimately so long as it combats my MS meltdown, I’m in and I’ll probably want two. One for each wrist!

Comment

More from EMBR (hopefully a tester will be in my future). While the new design isn't quite as trick as the prototype, I'm still optimistic. - D

Hey...we're getting close to launching our cooling and warming wristband.

We appreciate that you've been following our journey, and we're excited to let you know that our momentum is really starting to heat up 🔥.

We'd like to reward you for believing in this project early on. That's why we're inviting you to join our extra early-bird list.

"But I already joined your email list!"

True. But we're anticipating a lot of interest, and we want to give a special group of fans the opportunity to get the product first.

On launch day, there'll be a limited time window for early supporters to get an extra discount. If you add yourself to the extra-early bird list, we'll ping you before everybody else so that you can grab your cooling & warming wristband at the highest possible discount.

Add yourself to the extra early-bird list 👇
              https://embrlabs.typeform.com/to/PH5...m_medium=email

Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

And more...

Hey there, we know you've been hanging tight.

Thanks so much for your interest in our cooling and warming wristband. We're getting closer to our launch, and we've got some awesome new product images to share with you.

Before you take a look, I wanted to quickly explain how we got to this point.

3 years ago, we set out to build the first wearable temperature solution that people actually want to wear. We knew that it couldn't include the clunky parts typical of other temperature control devices. No moving parts, liquids, fans, or compressors.

We built our wristband around the idea that it should include everything that was essential and nothing that was not.

Our goal was ambitious. We wanted to give people something that they wouldn't want to take off. It had to be sleek, yet comfortable. It needed to be iconic. We didn't want it to look like every other wearable device out there.

With that said, take a peek at our latest product images and learn about the key features they highlight👇.

The Lightbar

We designed the lightbar to be easy to control and intuitive for users. In standby mode, as it is shown below, the lightbar displays a blue to red gradient.

To activate cooling mode, simply press the blue side of the lightbar. To activate warming mode, press the red side of the lightbar. You can tweak the intensity of each sensation by pressing the bar in different ways.

The Wave Pattern

We've built this discreet pattern into the face design to allude to the experience. The product delivers warming and cooling sensations in waves.

The Magnetic Mesh Band

The band is adjustable and provides a snug fit across a range of wrist sizes. The magnetic end makes it easy to slip the band on and off.

We're excited about where we landed with the design, and we hope you are too.

Make sure you follow our new Instagram account for more product photos. We're releasing new photos of beta units out in the wild each week.
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

New from the developers.... - D

----------------

Wristify is now Embr Wave.
                  And it's coming this month 😲

Discover the launch date.

To celebrate the new name, we decided to give our entire brand a refresh.

Why would we throw out a name that earned the attention of Wired, Popular Science, and The Today Show?

Well, a lot has changed since my co-founders and I picked Wristify at an MIT pub back in 2013. Back then, our goal was to help building save energy by heating and cooling people directly.

It's now four years later, and our product has evolved so much. We realized that it is now a completely different species.

These days, we're focused on a new goal. We want to help you stay comfortable when you're feeling hotter or colder than everyone else around you. That's because when you're comfortable, you can take on anything.

We're excited to bring the Embr Wave cooling and warming wristband to you very soon.

Learn more about our launch date and the reason why we picked the new name

https://hackernoon.com/wired-covered...t-b4181fb31e49
                  Dave Bexfield
                  ActiveMSers

Comment

Hmm, now it is a Kickstarter Campaign. Ohhhkay. Wanted to pass along the update. - D

----------------

Hey Dave, Embr Wave is launching 9.27 on Kickstarter...
                    After almost 4 years of product development, we’re ready to launch our cooling and warming wristband.

As one of our supporters, we're telling you first exactly how to get Embr Wave.

When and where can I pre-order Embr Wave?

Embr Wave will be available for pre-order on Kickstarter on Wednesday, 9/27. Since you're a member of our mailing list, we will send you an email with a link to the Kickstarter page on 9/27. We'd also encourage you to mark your calendar. We're anticipating a lot of interest.

date3.jpg
                    How much will Embr Wave cost?

Embr Wave will retail for $299, but we'll be offering a 27% discount to every person who pre-orders on Kickstarter. This makes the discounted price $219.

kickstarter price.jpg
                    Got any more questions?

We’re holding a Facebook Live on Tuesday, 9/26, during which you’ll have the chance to ask us anything you want about Embr Wave.

Thanks so much for all of your support!

- David and the Embr Labs Team
                    Dave Bexfield
                    ActiveMSers

Comment

Another update. - D

Over 1800 people have already joined the Embr Wave movement, and the number keeps growing. Another huge thank you to everyone who supported us so far.

Because of all of your amazing support, we've decided to keep the $199 Early-Bird tier open through the weekend. This means that if you haven't pre-ordered Embr Wave yet, you can still do so until Sunday Night for the $199 Early-Bird price and shipping date.

Because of you, Product Hunt featured us on their front page. It would mean a lot if you upvoted our project to help keep us there.
                      Your passion for Embr Wave landed us an article in 9 To 5 Toys.

Beta tester Sherri talked about how Wave helps her focus, saying "I turn the cooling on and am back to what I was doing..."

All of this is happening because you believed in our mission: harnessing the power of personalized temperature to help everyone feel more comfortable. We thank you for that support, and we can't wait for you to get Embr Wave on your wrist.

For anyone living in a country that we are currently not shipping to, we have an update for you.

We've heard your feedback and we've decided that as soon as we're able to ship to your country, we'll make sure that you're able to get Embr Wave at a discounted price.

In the meantime, we realized that the unsubscribe link we sent yesterday wasn't working. Email has not been our friend these past few days! Here is how you actually unsubscribe from USA/EU/Brazil Kickstarter Campaign Updates but still get notified once we're able to ship to your country:

Click the "Unsubscribe From USA/EU/Brazil Kickstarter Campaign Updates" link in the footer of this email and uncheck "USA/EU/Brazil Kickstarter Campaign Updates" on the following page.

Remember to add your name to our International Interest list. The more people we have for your country, the better the chance we'll be able to open up direct shipping to you.
                      Thank you again to everyone for all of your amazing support these first couple of days.

We're here for you if you have questions and feedback.

- David & The Embr Labs Team

PREORDER: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects..._hsmi=56866554
                      Dave Bexfield
                      ActiveMSers

Comment

I got my embr wave yesterday..

Anyone else have one? I am using the warming cycle because here, in the Northeast, it is a cold day. I will keep you posted.

Comment

Hoping to test, but the company has yet to reach out to me. Might bug them more in a bit if the early response is positive.
                          Dave Bexfield
                          ActiveMSers

Comment

Originally posted by ActiveMSers View Post
                            The latest update. "Coming soon to early adopters who join our mailing list." They are getting their prototype samples soon and expect to start selling later this year. I first posted about this nearly two years ago. Can't wait to test! - D
                            I received my embr wave in March, it works well. The true test will be when summer comes and I'm outside.

Comment

Embr Wave

Has anyone tried this long awaited thing in a hot environment. I mentioned to them on FaceBook that a clinical trial would be great for possible insurance coverage. And I’d be happy to volunteer for the research. 😉

Comment

Working...
                              X