Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desperately seeking photos of HOPE (deadline August 17)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately seeking photos of HOPE (deadline August 17)

As part of a fund-raising effort for the National MS Society, I’m putting together a video presentation for my local chapter that will be shown at BikeMS. At the conclusion I’d like to show dozens (ideally hundreds) of photos of people with MS who are doing whatever they can to stay active, who are staying positive despite the disease. I want viewers to understand just how important their donations are to our hope for a better future. Your photo of hope can be any photo of yourself in an activity you currently enjoy (and hope to continue), one that you used to do that you hope (and plan) to do again, or even just a self portrait (a simple smile will do).

A few notes:
    • High resolution photos are preferred (typically over 1MB in size).
    • E-mail photos to: video@activemsers.org
    • My e-mail can handle up to 10MB per e-mail.
    • I hope to post the video on YouTube in September for your viewing. I’ll send out e-mails and make posts when it is ready.
    • This video may be seen by lots of people. If you wish to remain anonymous, do not show your face.
    Thanks everyone for the help. In order to meet my deadline, I need submissions by Tuesday, August 17. Be active, stay fit, and keep exploring!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I just wanted to thank everyone for their submissions--the video turned out great, especially the end with gobs of active MSers. It will take a bit of editing to get it up on YouTube, as I need to get new music or permission from some artists. Hang tight!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

I can't wait to see it! Great job on getting it all together

Comment

Update: The video got a rousing reception at BikeMS last night (as did a great speech by a fellow active MSer). One of the VPs from the MS Society wants to share the 16-minute video across the country. Could be cool! We'll see what happens!
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Loved your speech Dave (as did everyone there)! So glad you were able to make it there as a surprise. Sorry you didn't hear my whole speech though, but you got the gist of it anyway
          I hope you get the go ahead to put your speech on youtube, others need to see it!

Comment

So when do we get to see?

Comment

Krista, I caught up with the rest of your speech in print (thanks for the copy) and what a compelling story! I especially liked "There are so many promising things happening in the world of MS that we can't give up hope that one day there will be a cure."

Alas, Marinadca, the video might not be up on YouTube for weeks (ugh) while I seek out permission to use some music....
              Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

Ahhh those sneaky copy rights!!!

Is there an online copy of your speeches? I am missing out all the way over here in DC....

Comment

Me too

Originally posted by Marinadca View Post
                  Ahhh those sneaky copy rights!!!

Is there an online copy of your speeches? I am missing out all the way over here in DC....
                  Me too, and I'm not that far!

Comment

Ha, no online copies of any of my talks I'm afraid. I may put up my BikeMS speech from last year to go along with the video, but that has been circulating as a pdf since I sent it out to folks.

I've gotten a request from the MS Society to use the new video in a larger role (one of the VPs was thrilled with it), and someone else is getting Hollywood types to look at it. Jeezo! I don't think that will go anywhere, but it is flattering.

A few artists have given the thumbs up, just have a few more to go....
                    Dave Bexfield
                    ActiveMSers

Comment

Yes please! I'd love to see it

Comment

Well, a TV producer DID contact me, and she has an impressive bio. Apparently she was at BikeMS and was moved by the video. I'll keep everyone posted as to what comes out of all of this!
                        Dave Bexfield
                        ActiveMSers

Comment

In the event it somehow escaped your notice (and my pestering), the video is now on YouTube here:
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VTu--htcMI

I've also uploaded as requested my speech from the year before. This precedes the video and makes a good introduction:
                          http://www.activemsers.org/images/BikeMS_Speech.pdf

And for the official and detailed six month follow-up—the video was made four months after my SCT—go here (note, login required):
                          http://activemsers.wssnoc.net/showthread.php?t=346

People are especially inspired by the ending, which would not have been possible without all of your help, for which I humbly thank you.
                          Dave Bexfield
                          ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                          X