X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABQ: Adaptive Yoga (Apr 7-May 26)

Got this from Abby. -D

------------

Yoga for MS. The dates will be Apr 7-May 26, 8 consecutive Thursdays, 12:45-1:45 p.m., at High Desert Yoga in Nob Hill.

We're still running the class on the $5 suggested donation basis. No need to register ahead of time, I think we'll have plenty of space and chairs for everyone.

The address is 4600 Copper Avenue NE, Albuquerque, NM 87108. There is a nice big parking lot at the building, and I am double checking about whether the bathrooms are accessible.

One of the things I love about High Desert is their abundant attitude about props--there are loads of them and I'm pretty excited about using all the props we can.

So, please let me know if you have any questions or comments--I'd love to hear from you.

I was thinking the past few days about neuroplasticity and things we can do to strengthen our brains and neurological systems, and the thing that came to mind was dance. I did some light googling and found this--Keshet Dance Company does ballet and modern and some other styles of dance, *and* they have an adaptive dance program. I don't know anyone there, but if you're looking for more movement that's good for your brain, it might be an interesting thing to explore.

http://keshetarts.org/klab/physically-integrated/

The page seems to emphasize performing, but on their class schedule, there are several classes per week that say they're appropriate for any type of ability/mobility. Let me know if you check them out!

I hope you're all doing well and I look forward to practicing with you again soon!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers
Working...
X