Cane/Seat combo my newest aid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cane/Seat combo my newest aid

Since I can't hoof it far safely without taking breaks, I just ordered one of those cane/seat combos. There are smaller ones available (a single post), but the tripod versions are far more stable and safer. Plus, the legs on this one are adjustable, which will come in handy when hiking in the mountains with my wife. She'll carry the seat while I'll hike with my trekking poles or forearm crutches. If I stop on a hill, no worries. And no more hunting for tree stumps or large rocks. I'll let folks know how it works out!

Tri-Seat Adjustable Seat Cane (Color - Bronze)
    by MOUNTAIN PROPERTIES

-Conveniently folds up for use as a cane or lightweight, portable seat. Seat height: 18 - 22". Walking height: 34" - 38". Weight capacity: 250 lbs."

-With an attractive matte bronze finish, the Tri-Seat features a foam grip handle, comfortable formed seat and is fully adjustable.

List Price: $97.20
    Amazon Price: $46.05

http://www.amazon.com/Tri-Seat-Adjus...7264799&sr=8-1
    Attached Files
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

My grandma had one of those cane/seats, I don't think she ever used it though. I wonder if its still around. Hmm maybe I should ask. I could get SO to carry it along with all his gear while I have my hands full with the forearm crutches

Comment

Okay, I've put this stool/cane through a few tests. Here's what I discovered:

Good: Well made, easy to adjust, simple to change from cane to seat.

Bad: Takes some balance and coordination to sit down, especially on hilly terrain. Once seated--no daydreaming; it's easy to tip over. Cane doesn't compare to a dedicated cane.

Overall: It's a mediocre cane and a mediocre seat. Fortunately I got it at 50% off! I probably would have been better served with a dedicated, lightweight chair (maybe even one that can be worn like a light backpack).
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

After hitting a trail this weekend with zero butt-friendly rocks or tree stumps, I fully appreciated the benefit of the cane seat even if it's not super comfy. Um, especially because we forgot it in the car! I was seriously dragging the legs the last 15 minutes trying to get back to the car....
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
        X