Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rock Steady Boxing for Parkinson’s

Greetings Good People,
    I started volunteering at a fitness facility for children and adults with special needs. Today I observed their Rock Steady Boxing Program for persons with Parkinson’s. As I watched the class I started thinking it would be a great class for persons with M.S. Have any of you heard of such a thing? My wife used to work out at a gym called 9 Round Boxing. She would come home and tell me how much she thought it would help me with balance, coordination, etc. Thoughts?

Hey Grady, yeah it's a great idea. I had a personal trainer who had been a physical therapist for people with neurological damage who had me doing various boxing moves. It was indeed a super exercise for balance and coordination and required surprising cardiovascular vascular stamina. It would be neat to see something like that set up for pwMS.

Larry

Comment

Does boxing using my Wii count? It certainly tested my timing and coordination, and I did improve.
      Callenge life before life challenges you - from inside collar of my "Bike Off More Than You Chew" bike jersey

Comment

Working...
      X