Boston Young Professionals Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boston Young Professionals Group

This came across my e-mail. Check it out on Facebook.

http://apps.facebook.com/causes/13953?m=7d290bcb

Jane Follansbee posted an announcement to the cause Accelerated Cure Project for Multiple Sclerosis.
    ----------------
    Happy Monday (ugh, right?)!!

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up about some wicked cool opportunities that we have coming up - they're kind of Boston specific, but we're looking for people to start these up all over the country...

1) We're kicking off our Young Professional Group! We drink beer and socialize just like the other YP groups, but we also cure diseases...MS specifically. We have our first meeting (with free beer) in downtown Boston on the evening of March 18th. More details to come, but message me with your email address if you want more official updates!

2) Our 8th Annual Scavenger Hunt date has been set! May 31st - home base is the DoubleTree in Waltham, MA. It's a day of debauchery as you, and your 3 teammates spend 5 hours completing asinine tasks & taking ridiculous team pictures in public - there will be over 90 creative clues this year that will take you all over Boston and the surrounding 'burbs. How do you participate? You and your team fundraise (yes, it's that easy) - I'll let you know when registration opens (should be about a week, so get those teams of 4 ready).

As I said above, we want to start a Young Pro Group in other cities, and we have a handbook on how to run a Scavenger Hunt that anyone/anywhere could use to pull together a really fun event. Please message me if you want to talk about how to get either of these started near you!

Accelerating the Cure,
    Jane

PS We're almost at 5,000 MEMBERS! Woo - that will make us a 'tribe'... I'm so excited, aren't you???
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers
Working...
X