Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PHILADELPHIA: Cheesesteak recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHILADELPHIA: Cheesesteak recommendations?

Gonna be there soon and don't want to waste calories on mediocre PCS. Might have time to share a pint, but expect free time to be pretty limited...
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Cheesesteak recommendations

Dave,

If you are only going to have one, I would recommend Pat's and Geno's since they are the iconic locations. They are across the street from each other. It will give you the best experience. Otherwise, John's Roast Pork is another location whose cheesesteaks are consistently ranked amongst the best. They are only open during the week and not in the evenings. For the vegan option, Wiz Kid is the best. Let me know if you need any more information.
    Howard Walker

Comment

Thanks Howard! Wasn't close enough to those two to try them as I was busy with HU Connexion. Got to Reading Terminal Market and tried Carmen's.

Had a great time, got to see the Liberty Bell and tour Independence Hall, which was fantastic. And I have to say, the people were uber friendly. Funny story: I called the park service about tickets to IH and they were sold out. So I told the park ranger that if I managed to luck into a ticket due to a no show to say hi to Dave, the dude in the yellow wheelchair. He figured 5 million visitors annually, riiight. When I heard DAVE! I couldn't stop laughing.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
      X