Crank up the music!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crank up the music!

I was reading a study today on not just the power of music when exercising, but the power of loud music. Not damaging-loud, but loud.

The study tested music at several decibel levels and found that during strength exercises, the loudness of the music made a difference, in some cases a significant difference. For example, when doing leg presses with no music, study participants averaged 26 reps. With music: 29 reps. With loud music (20 decibels higher than the level that they would normally listen to): an incredible 36 reps. Pretty cool. So turn it up! Oh, and when you try to talk to me at the gym and I don't answer, you'll know why.

To see the full story, go here:
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32269665/ns/health-fitness/
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

SOOOOOO True!

When I used to run - I had to have the music loud enough to cover my feet hitting the ground (I was never light on my poor feet!) Now, using my ipod when I swim is soooo awesome! Especially on a day like today - when there were other people doing their thing with friends and I could hear them in between songs... That would've annoyed the heck outta me w/o my tunes!!

Keep on groovin!!!!!!!

Comment

Too funny! I generally do everything except weights without music. I like listening to my body, my thoughts, the world around me, the quiet, etc. Next time I'm cranking on the sets, though, I'll have to find some good Metallica and blast it!

Comment

Working...
      X