Hazards of past HSCT during coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazards of past HSCT during coronavirus

Clearly you'd want to avoid this treatment during a pandemic, but post HSCT there is still cause for concern. Despite having HSCT in 2010, a decade later my lymphocyte count still is below normal. That means I am especially susceptible to infection, and other HSCTers may be as well. This is a time to exercise extreme caution. Other than my wife, I am seeing no one up close until this passes. And she is doing the same thing. Glad she likes me.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Stay well Dave! And thank you for starting this site!

Comment

Glad your practicing social distancing Dave. I'm hunkered down too, but not able to completely block out. My hubby still goes to work for now and is near others and my teenagers want to see a neighbor friend or two. This is so difficult but reassuring to know as you say we are all in this together. Stay safe.

Comment

Also note that HSCT should definitely be off the table for the foreseeable future for any interested MSer. The risk of COVID will likely be too high until well after the vaccine is released over a year from now. For safety, that means likely delaying HSCT for a couple years. And anyone who has had it recently has to be hyper, hyper alert right now.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
        X