Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IV Steroids for Spasticity Versus Movement

Hello, all
    There may be a thread for this, but I didn't see it. I have had a recent spate of spasticity. I woke up after a very busy Mother's Day with extreme stiffness and pain. I had trouble lifting my legs high enough to get in my vehicle and also (warning TMI!) had trouble getting off the toilet. My neuro said he suspects a thoracic lesion flare and wants me to do IV steroid treatment for five days. I usually like to take less aggressive paths and was wondering if anyone has experience in working through the spasticity with physical therapy and stretching rather than going the steroid route. I'm 68 years old and in fair -- not great -- physical condition. Any input would be appreciated!

I'm in Texas so the marijuana patches are not an option. I would definitely try them if they were!

Comment

This is a tough one. One needs to be a strong advocate for one's care but also know when to listen to the expert. I guess I would want to know why the doc is so convinced it's a flare vs you over did it. Maybe out in the sun too. I did not like baclofen or other muscle relaxants. I find rest, cool, and combo magnesium calcium and zinc tabs help me. There is a thread about spasticity where several people listed suggestions about supplements, meds, and stretching. Good luck. I hope you feel better soon.

Comment

I am in Berthoud CO. Are you involved in any of the upcoming MS events? I thought I signed up to volunteer, but haven'the heard anything yet. I have used Mary's product, it works.

Comment

I am brand new (not even one week yet...)to using CBD for spasticity (and arthritis...) and from what I have been told, and have researched, buying CBD products that are from industrial grown hemp plants are legal to purchase online in the entire USA, and very effective. I believe that this is the case with the patches uses.... So, Sadcox, I'd say, order away!!
          Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

I looked into Mary's patches based on this post. They seem so promising. I really want to see if it would help my pain and spasticity. But the legality in TX seems a little unclear to me. The Feds won't prosecute medicinal marijuana in legalized states. What about the rest? And what about TX and employers? This seems so wrong to have this option out there but politically prevented! Maybe some policy makers need see a loved one suffer from unrelenting spasticity to understand. I guess me and Sadcox might need to do a road trip to CO.

Comment

Review of patches

http://cannamagazine.com/2014/06/mar...-patch-review/

Comment

Working...
              X