Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I have in my trike when I ride?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I have in my trike when I ride?

The above was not an issue because I only went short distances on my trike.

But now, I plan to go 5-6 miles with it. That's a pretty long distance to walk, if my trike breaks down.

So what should I be carryiing with me as first aid for myself and my trike?

Should I be carrying a pump? What kind of pump?

Sorry for the silly questions but i'm a newbie when it comes to cycling.

My top mileage is 6, round trip. The only thing I carry is water and my cane for when I decide to get off at a park and walk around. If your trike is in good repair and the tires filled to the proper psi and filled with slime I wouldn't foresee it breaking down. The only time I wrecked was about 20 feet from my apartment after a long 6 mile ride and it was to avoid running over my daughter's trailer pulled by my boyfriend, he cut me off and I slammed on the brake and tried to turn, which didn't work so well. I have a post about it on here. Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by KristaH View Post
      The only time I wrecked was about 20 feet from my apartment after a long 6 mile ride and it was to avoid running over my daughter's trailer pulled by my boyfriend, he cut me off and I slammed on the brake and tried to turn, which didn't work so well. I have a post about it on here. Hope this helps
      Ouch!!! I hope you, your family and trike have recovered well.

I plan to work up to a 5 mile destination. This means the round trip will be 10 miles. Based on your post, a folding cane may be a good addition to my travel pack besides water and some dry snacks.
      Last edited by Lucia; 04-16-2010, 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling errors

Comment

And a cell phone, just in case.

Comment

Yep. A cell phone is a given.

Comment

Working...
          X