Went grocery shopping for first time since 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went grocery shopping for first time since 2009

Kinda crazy. I drove to the bank to deposit some checks, then decided to go to the grocery store to pick up a prescription for folic acid (no, I'm not trying to get pregnant, one of my post SCT meds causes it to be lower so I need a supplement). Laura was going to be shocked!

The electric carts were all out, so I just took a regular one, tossing my forearm crutches into the basket. An hour and a basket full of groceries later (I never rested once) I had done a chore my wife had been handling exclusively for over a year. I even got the groceries in the house before the ice cream melted!

I was afraid Laura was going to pass out from surprise when she got home from work, but with all of my milestones in month 9, nothing is surprising her these days. Now she can go back to questioning why I bought what I did at the store... "But the pork rinds were on sale, honey."
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Thank you Dave. Your posts are a real inspiration and provide needed hope. I can't tell you how impressed I am with your progress and your spirit.

Regards,
    Looking88

Comment

Working...
    X