stair lifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stair lifts

I am looking into an indoor home chair stair lift (first floor to second floor). Any advise?

I use forearm crutches, have foot drop and severe knee stiffness. Stairs are getting a bit dangerous for me.

My mother-in-law used a stair lift for years, but I don't know the brand. The trick? If you get a lift, you need to use it. They tend to be slow and she occasionally skipped it (not good). She eventually moved to a one-story home and life was far easier. Would that be an option for you? I realize there is never a good time to move, but I will say the more mobile you are, the easier it is. Also, the stair lift usually is removed with the sale of your home, so funds are rarely recouped.
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

Stannah Sienna

My husband sneakily researched a LOT and chose the Stannah Sienna. I was resistant - as I am to anything that looks me in the eye and says "you have a disability." nevertheless, my dear husband had it installed while I was at work, and I really appreciate it for those times when I am really tired and don't feel like climbing the stairs. Good luck.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU-L4Hj2-qo

Comment

Working...
      X