BLOG: Timing is Everything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLOG: Timing is Everything

I recently came across an interesting factoid of nature: that the average mammal, from mouse to elephant, takes about 21 seconds to urinate. Clearly I am not the average mammal, as it often takes me 21 seconds just to unbutton my jeans with my bumbly MS fingers. And then, if you permit me to discuss the 16th letter of the alphabet a bit more candidly, it takes minutes for me to fully empty my bladder. Poor Laura could get through not one, but two sections of the New York Times before I’m done tinkling. Admittedly, it is a touch embarrassing when friends and family wander back into restrooms to “make sure I was okay”—as if I might have forgotten to lift the toilet seat and gotten my ass wedged into the bowl or needed a new Sharpie for all the graffiti I was scribbling onto the stall walls—but that’s life with multiple sclerosis. Docs call it urinary retention and hesitancy. I’ve gotten used to it. But that doesn’t make it any easier. And after a recent trip to Northern Europe, I discovered that having a rather slow flow can make using the restroom a lot more memorable.

http://activemsers.blogspot.com/2014...verything.html
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

This year Lynn and I will visit Honduras, BelIze, and Cozumel. I don't expect to see any decent restrooms. Thank God that most of the vacation will be spent on a cruise ship in a suite with a balcony and a nice bathroom. The cool thing is that we are Diamond level with Royal Caribbean so we get free alcohol and concierge services.

Comment

Working...
    X