Exercise benefits the MS brain says new study

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exercise benefits the MS brain says new study

I love stumbling (ha, ha) on these MS studies that promote the importance of exercise backed by science. - Dave

--------------

Exercise appears to protect the brains of people with multiple sclerosis, study findings suggest.

Researchers assessed fitness, cognitive function and brain structural changes in 21 women with relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis (MS).

Patients who were classified as being highly fit performed much better on cognitive function tests than less-fit patients. MRI scans also showed that higher levels of fitness were associated with greater volume of gray matter, which is linked to vital brain processing skills, and less damage in parts of the brain where MS-related deterioration occurs.

Read the full article here:
    http://www.caring.com/articles/fitne...sis-patients-2
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

That's great! I love to hear that exercising not only makes me feel better but also helps my MS. I already knew that exercise helped my symptoms, b/c...well...my MS feels better during the weeks that I exercise more. I like hearing that it's actually doing something "up there" as well.

Comment

Working...
    X