Aspartame Disease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aspartame Disease

Has anyone heard or read about Aspartame Disease? I am a big diet coke, sprite zero, and other products of aspartame consumer. They say it mimic's MS? Don't hold be accountable if it's just garbage talk about artifical sweenters but when I read about it...it scared the Sh** out of me! I am going cold turkey on the product or products and I am going to see if any RRMS sympthoms stay away. So, here I go and will keep you updated.
    Last edited by TriTracy; 04-25-2012, 03:54 PM. Reason: forgot period

Originally posted by TriTracy View Post
    Has anyone heard or read about Aspartame Disease? I am a big diet coke, sprite zero, and other products of aspartame consumer. They say it mimic's MS? Don't hold be accountable if it's just garbage talk about artifical sweenters but when I read about it...it scared the Sh** out of me! I am going cold turkey on the product or products and I am going to see if any RRMS sympthoms stay away. So, here I go and will keep you updated.
    Hi Tri Tracy, I have heard that aspartame is really bad for you. I once read about a woman that got put in the hospital and she almost died and then they figured out that it was the Diet Coke she was drinking on a daily basis. One of my neighbors drinks about 30 cans a day of Diet Coke and that is all he drinks. Pretty sad. I have mentioned to him the dangers and he totally disregards my advice. He has already had a heart attack and is diabetic. So good on you for giving it up. I am sure you will feel the difference and best of luck to you.

Stella

Comment

Ack. No, no, it's a false rumor. A hoax.

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

http://www.msfocus.org/article-detai...x?articleID=40

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...th-vs-fiction/

TriTracy you can enjoy your Diet Cokes. But I don't recommend drinking 30 cans of anything a day. Plus you'd wear a path in the carpet getting to the bathroom so frequently!
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

When exposed to heat?

Thank you. I read the articles but it doesn't mention the aspartame in beverages that have been exposed to high tempertures before putting them in stores and soda machines. That is what scares me the most. I heard even when bottle water is left in the sun or expose to heat the plastic leeches into the water. changes the chemistery of the product. But, again maybe it's not true. I will have to email the Myth Buster and have then do a test...lol...

http://www.mercola.com/article/aspar...ot_natural.htm
        Last edited by TriTracy; 04-27-2012, 06:17 PM. Reason: Post what I read.

Comment

Two things about me are obvious, I have MS and I have NEVER tasted diet anything. Thanks
          Fat Paul

Comment

Aspartame possible effects

I just returned from Canyon Ranch- spa with intergrative medical component. During a lecture on sugar/sweeteners, the physician, Dr Liponis, described a patient he had seen who used excessive amounts of aspartame. She had multiple neurologic symptoms clear after discontinuing this substance.
            Again, all things in moderation. I do feel that aspartame causes fatigue and some headache for me and I have discontinued use of it.
            Pell

Comment

methanol from many sources starts MS -- Prof. Woodrow C Monte

The Woodrow C. Monte methanol/formaldehyde toxicity paradigm is that concentrations of ADH enzyme, well known to exist in blood capillaries in specific tissues in humans only, turn methanol into formaldehyde inside the cells of the capillary walls -- the highly reactive formaldehyde diffuses to penetrate adjacent tissue cells, binding to DNA, RNA, and proteins, attracting macrophages, which also die, creating complex, expanding micro lesions.

Methanol sources include wood and cigarette smoke, canned fruits juices vegetables, fermented and smoked foods, some wines and liquors, aspartame, and more...

Google, Woodrow C. Monte, While Science Sleeps, for many links.

Comment

I am a firm believer that not only is the fake sweetners a issue but so is the plastic that contains liquids, food items and juices. Lots of the products we use aren't safe has we may assume. I am taking controll of my household products and I will see a change in my family's health.

Watched an awesome docometary on bottled water called "Tapped". Was another eye opener.

Also, I have been clean off diet anything for a while and started feeling great. I wanted to experiment with the diet coke, non caffine Sprite and fake sweetners yesterday. I had a flare up! My whole left side of my upper body was numb all day and moved to my right arm to my right chest (upper ribs). Woke up with swallon left eye? Going clean again and using tap water in a glass jar!

Comment

Here are two interesting articles my sister sent me regarding aspartame and artificial sweetners:

http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/ne...er_killer.html

http://dprogram.net/2008/10/07/video...e-health-risk/
                  Last edited by Stella; 06-09-2012, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Artificial sweeteners and nitrates give me wicked headaches!

Comment

Aspartame

Originally posted by AngieBee View Post
                      Artificial sweeteners and nitrates give me wicked headaches!
                      You should stay away from it and maybe consult a doctor for this situation.
                      One side effect of aspartame is having a diarrhea and sometime a blood in the stool.
                      CME program Medicine

Comment

Working...
                      X