Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crazy, or stupid crazy? Cycling potty solution (for men)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy, or stupid crazy? Cycling potty solution (for men)

So. When I go on rides these days and get overheated, my legs get hella wonky. I need to rest for five minutes and cool down before I try to stand. Now if I have to tinkle, fuggetaboutit. It takes too much effort and too long to get to a tree. I could always use my "protection" but that's rather uncomfortable and really mainly for emergencies. Enter crazy idea: a condom catheter for long rides.

I just ordered one (with tubing and bag). God knows if I'll actually use it, but it would take a little stress out of going on 20+ mile bike rides. I this way I can hydrate without fear of waking up the bladder.

Am I crazy? Has anyone tried this? I'll post about success or failures as they come. But don't expect heavy details!
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I think it is a great idea! Just have to find a quiet place and forget about the bag! Or what about to just carry a empty water bottle !? Let us know.
    Alain

Comment

Ha, already thought of that. But the bag has the tubing. So I had to get both. Could also work great when I don't feel like getting off the couch, but Laura would almost certainly give the stink eye.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Just a thought...

I would be concerned about developing a latex allergy. I'm allergic to it now after long term use.
        Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
        Watch my goats at GoatsLive.com
        Active in amateur radio
        Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
        M.S. since 2000

Comment

Turns out they are non latex, so that is good.

My first trial run was ... interesting. Nature called at the portion of the bike trail that was THE BUSIEST EVER. Bikers, walkers, dog walkers, picnickers, kids galore, joggers, people wandering aimlessly, the works. Let's just say performance anxiety was somewhat of an issue!
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

I can imagine! Glad it's not latex, and that it's working for you.

The first few weeks living with my colostomy had me constantly worried about leaks, smell etc. Now, I love the thing!
            Retired engineer, now hobby farmer with goats, chickens, an old dog,and a lazy barn cat!
            Watch my goats at GoatsLive.com
            Active in amateur radio
            Linux geek, blogging at lnxgoat.com
            M.S. since 2000

Comment

Working...
            X