San Diego - Newly Diagnosed Seminar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego - Newly Diagnosed Seminar

I went to this event shortly after my diagnosis last year and found it really informative. I'm going again on Feb 25th to connect with more MSers. If you're going let me know and I'll try to find you. -Rob

Moving Forward is an educational seminar for people who are newly diagnosed with multiple sclerosis within the past 3 years. Our objective is to provide you with information about:

the diagnosis of MS
    treatment options
    the emotional aspects of MS

This is your chance to have your questions answered, learn the latest and meet others with MS. We hope you will join us!

Agenda
    8:30am Registration & Continental Breakfast
    9:00am Welcome to the National MS Society, Anne Smyth
    9:15am The Emotional Aspects of MS, Cecily Jenkins, PhD
    10:00am Break
    10:15am Maintaining Physical Wellness, Helen Chan, DPT
    11:00am Break
    11:15am Understanding MS, James Grisolia, MD

Questions? Please call 1-800-344-4867 and press "1"

About the Speakers

Cecily Jenkins, Ph.D. is a licensed Clinical Neuropsychologist at the Shiley-Marcos Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center at UCSD where she directs the center’s ‘Memory in Aging Project’. Dr. Jenkins contributes to a variety of clinical and experimental studies examining cognitive changes associated with neurological diseases. Her professional understanding of multiple sclerosis became personally important more than 10 years ago when she herself was diagnosed with MS.

Dr. Helen Chan, PT, DPT received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of California, San Francisco. She currently works in the outpatient neurological department at Scripps Memorial Encinitas with patients who have a variety of neurological disorders and serves as the primary physical therapist for the Multiple Sclerosis Clinic. Helen’s clinical interests are with patients with Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, and Brain Injury. She has received advanced training with these patient populations and is certified in the Neuro-IFRAH technique.

Dr. James Grisolia, M.D. is a voluntary Associate Professor of Neurosciences at UCSD School of Medicine. He strongly supports advocacy for people with MS and other neurologic conditions. He also works with the California NeuroAlliance and the California Medical Association to improve access to care for people with neurological conditions and for the Latino community.

A light continental breakfast will be served. Family, friends and other guests are welcome however this program may not be appropriate for children.

Registration
    Deadline to register is February 22, 2012
    Register online or by calling: 1-800-344-4867 (1-800-FIGHT-MS) and press "1"

Date: Saturday, February 25, 2012
    Time: 8:30 AM - 12:15 PM
    Address:
    Courtyard by Marriott
    8651 Spectrum Center Blvd
    San Diego, CA 92123
    United States
    Rob Davidson
    Active With MS
    www.facebook.com/ActiveWithMS
Working...
X