Ruidoso hike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruidoso hike

I will be in Ruidoso the weekend of August 22nd for a family wedding. I would love to get together for a hike that Sunday if anybody is up to it. I am not familiar with the area. I would need to do some homework to find a decent trail for the morning unless someone has suggestions.

What a day!!!!

The wife and I, simply pulling a name out of the hat, got out about mid-morning on Trail #25 - The Crest Trail down in Ruidoso.

We only went in a little over 2 miles before heading back to the car, but my God the views are incredible!!

The whole trail is over 19 miles long, and is rated as "difficult". I believe it, in those 2 miles it was pretty tough footing in the grasses with the trail being very narrow, and the up-and-down sections are rocky. I was hurting by the time we got back to the car, but I loved it!

I want to go back in better shape, and hopefully pull off the whole trail over a weekend.

Wife just pointed out - watch out for horny toads, they look like rocks, and unfortunately, one became a victim of my clumsy footwork.

Comment

Working...
    X