Taking a step back from ActiveMSers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking a step back from ActiveMSers

Misfits, a quick heads up. I'll be posting less here on the forum (and on social media) as I am taking a (small) step back from ActiveMSers and the multiple sclerosis space. Here's why: https://conta.cc/2QvpNiO

Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Dave, Smart decision on your part,I say. I, for one, know that you will still be there, maybe turning yourself into a Semi-Lurker!

I have learned so much about managing this GD disease thru this site, and one of the major lessons for me has been to manage stress, including giving myself a break from Everything MS at times. I really related to your comment of how good it felt on the cruise NOT researching, NOT focusing on MS related topics.

Keep doing that Dave..... you deserve it. You have built one Hell of a base.

Makes me think of the flight attendant's instructions...If the oxygen masks drop, put yours on first before helping anyone else.

And you KNOW if you are too quiet, this crew will call you out to report....

Please ask Laura to give you a BIG smooch from me!
    Be thankful. Dream Big. Never Give Up.

Comment

Dave, Thank you thousands time for starting the Activemser and work so hard for it!
      I just don’t know how you can do it! I was not sure that you were human! Just to answer this post will take me 1/2 hours or +. So you really deserved to retire some and write only as you feel, specially that book that I am sure will be great.
      Yes, MS sucks big time but the only way forward is to adjust and keep going without looking back. Please don’t stress, we love you man.!
      C’est la vie! Alain

Comment

More power to you Dave! I suspect ActiveMSers has accomplished more than anyone realizes both in terms of giving PWMS a platform to learn and communicate about the disease on and very likely in terms of furthering the scientific research of the disease. A hell of an accomplishment!

I marvel at your ability to do as much as you do, I myself would have stepped back a bit a long time ago - oh, wait a minute, I did step back a bit a while ago, and I found that in stepping back I picked up just a smidgen of the life I left behind before MS. Do you think that might have had something to do with with the fierce independence and resolve the folks on this site constantly exhibit? Yes, obviously.

At any rate, you're still here and so am I and I know we'll both continue to carry on at our own pace.

Thank you Dave,

Larry

BTW, where the hell is the travel log on the Portugal trip!

Comment

Yup...yup...makes sense.

You have created something incredibly special. Thank you for that. Very much.

Comment

Oh, thanks guys! I'm definitely around and getting things done. We'll see about a trip recap, ha.
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

Dave,

You are simply the best.

Hugs to you and Laura.

Teena Marie

Comment

Dave, this disease is not fun, none are. Active MSers gave me hope when I went from Fat Paul to Fit Paul over six years ago. I now maintain a perfect BMI and am in pretty good shape and this website is partly responsible. I guess that I have you and Carlos Garcia to thank. We all have the right and responsibility to take care of ourselves, you are no exception. Thank you sincerely.

Comment

How did I miss this??? Thank you for giving so much of yourself and for these forums, which often were my ray of hope in an internet full of negativity towards living with MS. I hope you enjoy your semi-retirement and I am glad to still see your messages here and there

Comment

I for one, often wondered how you managed to do everything you were doing. It's okay not to be full throttle all the time. (I need to take my own advice.)

I read this when you first posted it. Even doing good stuff can lead to a bit of burn out. I applaud said "small step back" and I appreciate your wisdom in doing so.

Take care of you.

...\O/...
                    Liv__Well
                    ..../\.......

My Two Numb Feet - An MS Diary

Comment

Ditto

Originally posted by Marinadca View Post
                      How did I miss this??? Thank you for giving so much of yourself and for these forums, which often were my ray of hope in an internet full of negativity towards living with MS. I hope you enjoy your semi-retirement and I am glad to still see your messages here and there
                      I couldn’t find the rights words to express my thanks, gratefulness, and words of support.. But as I read your familiar voices on this forum, like Mirinada’s, I see I am in agreement. Once again you all have spoken for me. Thank you all for your voices you share and for you Dave, for creating this space for us to be together.

Comment

Thanks all. I just posted a new blog, a new video should be launching soon, and a new newsletter is written and ready to be released. Marina, if you don't get our newsletter, maybe you should sign up.

http://www.activemsers.org/getinvolv...ewsletter.html
                        Dave Bexfield
                        ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                        X