what kind(s) of meds do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avonex user

hi - I've been on Avonex for about 1.5 years - it's really not that bad. The worst part was watching the instruction video and the slow motion needle jab they do! The nurse who showed me how to inject told me "the needle is made to peirce the skin - so you don't have to work to hard at it". I think of that every time I inject and it makes it easier. I grab a bit of my thigh muscle and do a quick jab then a slow injection. I also have a glass of wine with me as part of my prep (always good to have a process). Then I take Ibuprofin and a half an Ambien and sleep it off. The only prob is around 2 pm the next day I MUST have a nap.

Comment

The glass of wine sounds like a good ritual. My brother is a bartender and makes something that tastes like Hawaiian punch...but has 151 in it. I teased him that I would like the recipe so I could mix a drink up before my shots...only problem is that I chose Copaxone, and one a day so that I am okay with injecting one a day is a little excessive. A glass of wine is probably a bit better!
      Joy
      fides quaerens intellectum

Comment

Re: What kinds of meds...

I inject Rebif. I take Baclofen and Klonopin for muscle spasticity, Aricept for the cognitive issues, and Celexa. Just finished my second round of IV steroids in a month 2 days ago. I also take Salmon oil and a B complex suppliment.
        Kimberly

http://myjourneywithms-kimberly.blogspot.com/

Comment

Beta

I'll be different, I am on Betaseron I take my shot in the morning instead of at night. I was having alot of trouble sleeping and this seemed t have helped it.

Comment

I take no meds except

I take no MS meds and I never have. I have never even used steroids. I take only aspirins because at my age they recommend one a day. Most days, I neglect to take one though.

I do live an ultra-healthy life style. I follow the Swank MS diet, take some common sense nutrients (calcium, D3, B12, B1, B3, fish oil with omega-3s, and folate). I exercise regularly, sleep enough.

I was diagnosed in 1991 and am now 58. I have no visible symptoms and some rather minor invisible symptoms.

I'm a big believer in Swank but I have adjusted his supplement recommendations a little bit based on my own research.

I talked to my neurologist about the MS drugs and I doubt I will end up taking one after my upcoming MRI at the end of Sept. Since 1991, I've had a few MRIs and each one is better than the preceding one. So, what I'm doing is working up to this point anyway.

Good luck everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by BBBBB View Post
              I talked to my neurologist about the MS drugs and I doubt I will end up taking one after my upcoming MRI at the end of Sept. Since 1991, I've had a few MRIs and each one is better than the preceding one. So, what I'm doing is working up to this point anyway.

Good luck everyone.

This is great that this is working for you. Out of curiosity what made you decide not to try the injectables?

Comment

Working...
              X