No announcement yet.

APPROVED: Generic version of Copaxone gets go-ahead from FDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been on Glatopa, the generic version of Copaxone, for just over a month now. When you switch they pick up any co-pay so that goes to zero. I had a lot of trouble with the Glatopa auto-injector which operates much differently than the Copaxone auto-injector. The nurses at Glatopa support were not much help.

As with Copaxone you need to press the injector hard into your skin to get it to fire and then you need to ease off the pressure to get the Glatopa to start flowing. Unlike with Copaxone, the needle does not extend past the end of the injector if you ease off to much. So you need to ease off and then stop as soon as the Glatopa starts flowing. Then after a few seconds you can pull the injector away from you and all will be well. If you ease off too much you will end up pulling the needle out and when you pull the injector away the Glatopa will spill over you. It took me a couple of weeks to figure this out but now that I know how to use it I think it is actually a better design than the Copaxone auto-injector. Smoother injection and safer when you pull it away because the needle will be retracted inside the injector.

Comment

Working...
    X