Weight training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight training.

Since the end of May I have made some lifestyle changes regarding diet and exercise. I am eating a lot more fruits and vegetables, less junk food and less alcohol. I am enjoying the change and having lost over 50 pounds is a positive. As far as exercise is concerned I find that it helps my spasticity greatly. Have any fellow active ms'ers noticed reduced pain from using light weights?

Paul, WOW, 50 pounds in 3 months is a LOT! Congratulations! As to pain reduction using small weights, I don't know that I could really say, but I don't recall light weights ever making the pain worse. Also, using weights to tone up with usually seems to help my balance and stability not to mention a general feeling of well being.

I'm about to start a core building and weight training program myself. I'll probably report in occasionally over on "MSers Training in 2013". Feel free to join us if you like.

Larry

Comment

Wow. Weight training? Losing 50 lbs, I would say that's weight dominating. Way to go, FP!!!

I don't have any pain, other than my insurance co who happens to be a pain in my rear. Sorry I can't help in that department, but maybe someone else can.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

Dave, I don't even want to think about how you lift to get rid of that pain

Comment

Working...
        X