MS Endurance Athlete MS Drug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS Endurance Athlete MS Drug?

So, I want to know what meds, if any, those of you that are endurance athletes with MS take that hasn't intefered with any training or racing? I've had MS for 9 years and only took Rebif for the first year I was diagnosed and it made me feel worse, so I stopped it. I haven't been on any meds since, but have been having more issues. I compete in triathlons of all distances and would love to hear what is working on fellow athletes.

I am not a triathlete or very good at endurance events but I try.

Copaxone got in the way a lot. Biking with the site reactions was so aggravating.

I am on Gilenya now and it does not interfere with what I want to do at all.

But that is just my experience.

Comment

I've run six marathons on Tysabri. So far so good. This fall I'll be doing my seventh, the NYC Marathon.

Comment

I'm on Tecfidera - no issues or side effects at all here. I could rave all day about how thankful I got on this drug. Only thing that affects my training is it makes my nose runny sometimes... but my nose did that anyway beforehand, so not a big deal. Get your butt on meds, and i'd suggest this stuff.

Comment

I've been on Copaxone and am on Tysabri now. Done Ironmans on each without any problems. With Copaxone, I had to be a little careful with the injection site on my quad - sometimes that might cause a little discomfort while training...but nothing really all that bad. With all of the new drugs out there, we are really fortunate to have a selection to pick from!

Comment

I am currently on Copaxone and have had no difficulty with my training, especially since it is now dosed three times a week. I have ridden 4 centuries this year.
            I did have significant difficulty with Gilenya- restrictive lung disease and lowered VO2max.
            It took a year for that to clear.

Comment

I am also on Tecfidera and have not had any issues. I ran a marathon within the first month of starting it and I still did fine. I am running a half marathon tomorrow. Injection sites with Copaxone bothered me. Don't let the MS get any worse. good luck with your next event.

Comment

Working...
              X