Travel question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel question?

So I have a bit of a travel question for everyone.

My bf and I are travelling to Florida in a few weeks, and part of our trip includes time at Disney World. This is a trip we've done before, and it's been a great success; however, this time he and I want to hit up the new Galaxy's Edge area (we're big nerds). Given that this area is not only new, but also an insanely popular theme, I have some concerns I don't usually worry about.

I don't really have mobility issues, thankfully. There are random days where if I stand too long my legs start to feel like jello, but I can typically mitigate this by either pacing in line, or doing weird things like squats or something, lol. My bigger concern is the dreaded bathroom thing. Any other time, I would just say, "Hey, I'll go to the bathroom right before I get in line and be fine!" But with the wait times for some of the attractions still being reported as 140 MINUTES, I am a little leery. I would hate to be halfway through a line and have tragedy strike.

Any tips?

Sounds like an awesome trip! From my personal experience, I like to plan ahead to prevent excessive worry. Disney changes its disability rules often, but when I was there a few years ago, upon arrival I went to guest services and requested the disability fast pass. I had a dr note with me, but they didn’t ask for it. I had the Disney map ap but also got paper maps and asked about best walking routes on certain days due to weather (hot) and location of bathrooms and food. This helped me be more deliberate to go to different rides efficiently. Yah, it wasn’t free spontaneous running around the park, but it ensured I saw what I wanted and could plan my downtime. I also used a daily set time to lounge in pool as my downtime and the schedule worked well for my more able bodied family members. With regard to bathroom, I “time void”, meaning I use bathroom in set intervals because the sensation I feel isn’t related to how much urine is in my bladder, and I wear feminine pads to absorb and carry a change of clothes when traveling. Then I know I can handle any mishaps. Have a safe and dry trip!

Comment

Thanks a bunch!!

Comment

I did a bit of digging, and you should have no problem. With your MS, you qualify for a DAS pass.

How does Disability Access Service (DAS) work with Rise of the Resistance?
        Guests with disabilities that make them unable to wait in lines who have valid DAS on their account must still retrieve a Virtual Boarding Pass for Rise of the Resistance, using the same method as all other guests. Once you have your boarding group number, go to the attraction entrance and get a Cast Member to sign you up for a DAS return time via your park ticket or MagicBand. You will still have to wait until your boarding group is called, but when you return to the ride you’ll be allowed to use the FastPass queue, expediting your entry into the first preshow.
        Basically, "guests utilizing the Disability Access Service will be issued a return time based on the current wait time at the attraction. While the time spent in the queue will be greatly reduced, DAS guests’ overall wait time will be similar to guests who wait in the regular queue."

Please fill us in when you return!
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

Hey! How did it go? Smoothly I hope! And if not, maybe you can impart some valuable lessons to the rest of us.
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
          X