IndeeLift for help getting off the floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IndeeLift for help getting off the floor

Got this gear recommendation from a fellow member. Pretty cool! The guy on the main page looks just like Walter White from Breaking Bad btw. -D

Dave, if I had seen this product earlier I would’ve gotten one WAY before this. I’ve been alone and fallen (had to call the fire Dept), and the poor guy had to lift my fat butt up, dead weight, and I was so worried about his back... not to mention embarrassed about falling. My husband is usually around and has had to help me get up so many times. If we had had this InveeLift he could’ve just wheeled it to me, helped me into the seat, push a button, and I’m up at 21” in one minute. Recover, then transfer to wheelchair. There are even models for EMT’s to use.

Did you know about this product? I think it’s amazing. I will be more confident just knowing I have it. It’s expensive, but cheaper than a Hoyer lift. I think the peace of mind will be priceless.

Here is his contact info:

Jay Powell
    www.indeelift.com
    775-400-0731
    Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

I'm talking with the owner in five minutes about the potential of testing the lift for ActiveMSers. It checks off a lot of boxes for assistance in getting off the floor safely. And it is far more portable than a Hoyer lift, which typically requires two people. The IndeeLift can be moved easily by one person.

Dave Bexfield
    ActiveMSers

Comment

After chatting with Steve and his son Jay, a test unit will be arriving shortly, and that is good news for Laura! She's getting annoyed having to lug my body up off my handcycle or off the floor after a fall. I'm all about keeping my wife happy and healthy (with a good back). I'll post testing updates here and the main review will be on the website.
      Dave Bexfield
      ActiveMSers

Comment

FYI. IndeeLift is also developing a lift for people with IBM (inclusion body myositis) that will lift you higher than chair height, a necessity for people with that disease. That lift is still in beta testing, but hopefully will be available in spring.
        Dave Bexfield
        ActiveMSers

Comment

I've started testing! Early impressions: well made and it functions exactly as advertised. I've been using it to get off my trike, which takes the stress off Laura lugging my off cycle. The only issue? If I have to urgently pee after riding, the tug is faster than the lift!
          Dave Bexfield
          ActiveMSers

Comment

I am gearing up to write the review after more testing. I was waiting to write it until I had more "real life" examples, figuring I'd fall eventually. Uh, mission accomplished! Thrice! Good stories always help make a more entertaining review. At least that's what I tell myself, ha!
            Dave Bexfield
            ActiveMSers

Comment

The review is mostly wrapped. Just trying to find time for photos. Sorry for the delay!! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I'll also put an announcement in our newsletter. I had another WC user over at the house today, a gear head and Paralympian, and he was impressed. Heck, he wants one, too!
              Dave Bexfield
              ActiveMSers

Comment

Here are two other lifts that may be alternatives for solo lifting. They were designed for helping folks get off recumbent trikes and handcycles, but may help folks getting off the floor as well.

https://bike-on.com/product/bike-on-...cle-lift-seat/

https://bike-on.com/product/maddiline-stool/

And then there are these more traditional lifts (caregiver needed):

https://www.takealonglifts.com/

https://www.hoyerlift.com/
                Dave Bexfield
                ActiveMSers

Comment

Managed to get in a photo session this weekend, as well as additional testing with updated handles that have been extended. The longer handles are great and can be added to existing IndeeLifts if one has already been purchased. Makes it easier to mount and transfer from the lift. A welcome upgrade!
                  Dave Bexfield
                  ActiveMSers

Comment

Working...
                  X