African Safari - while on Ocrevus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Safari - while on Ocrevus

Hi all! Thank you for the add. I am currently on OCREVUS and I am looking into a safari in TANZANIA. Thankfully I do not believe I need yellow fever vaccine in Tanzania but I will need TYPHOID VACCINE.
    Has anyone else on Ocrevus had the inactivated Typhoid vaccine? Any other vaccines/MALARIA MEDS?? Thank you for any input!

Originally posted by Emily123 View Post
    Hi all! Thank you for the add. I am currently on OCREVUS and I am looking into a safari in TANZANIA. Thankfully I do not believe I need yellow fever vaccine in Tanzania but I will need TYPHOID VACCINE.
    Has anyone else on Ocrevus had the inactivated Typhoid vaccine? Any other vaccines/MALARIA MEDS?? Thank you for any input!
    Hey Emily, yes I was planning a trip to Tanzania in late 2016 and I did all of the recommended vaccinations including the inactivated Typhoid and Hep C. I did not take the Yellow Fever because I had had it many years before and was told that once is all you need. I ended up not going on the trip so never had to take the Malaria prophylaxis. I did not experience any MS related after effects, just a pair of incredibly sore shoulders. You will probably need to wait a few weeks after your most recent Ocrevus infusion before taking any vaccines.

I was and am on Rituxan, a close cousin to Ocrevus.

Comment

Thank you so much for the information! Glad to know it was not a problem. I do hope that you can make it to Tanzania soon. All my best!

Comment

Thanks Emily, as it happens, I have made a deposit on a safari in Kenya late next year and I'm sure we'll want to visit another place or two along the way so hope you'll let me know what you think of Tanzania and where ever else you happen to land.

Larry

Comment

Working...
        X